Used 2012 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Great looking car!
By Alona

2012 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Nice looking sporty car at a reasonable price!

Great car!
By Pat

2012 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I (still have) a 1998 Jeep wrangler with big tires and a lift and needed a better vehicle to commute back and forth between Jacksonville, FL and Pensacola. Bought it new 4 years ago and there has never been a moment where I haven't been happy about my decision. Only 2 things I don't like: you literally have to slam the trunk to close it, and if you're going 40+ and hit bumps it has very unstable handling.

85k and no big repairs
By Brad

2012 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car in 2011 and have only done routine maintenance (brakes and tires). So far so good.

At 79 thousand no important complaints!
By Bradley Wood

2012 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I've seen that some people have gotten lemons, but most buyers are satisfied. I drive over 90 miles a day very aggressively. Appreciate the gas mileage rebate, but the way I drive I wouldn't ever expect anything near 40 mpg.. The interior is noisy and lacks a cushion-like feel, but the sound system with nav. is great. At 70 thousand I needed new tires,wipers and brakes. I exceeded recommendations and had to buy rotors, but that was my fault. I change the oil about every 4500 miles because all my miles are on the highway. No mechanical issues that I can fairly complain about. Had the dealer replace the serpentine belt at 75 thousand just to be safe.

One of the best cars I've ever had!
By Becky D.

2012 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

This is a truly incredible car. I bought this car used in 2013 with 35k miles on it. Now in 2016 with 65k miles, I have not had one problem with it. The only thing that I have had in the almost 3 years I've had this car is getting the tires replaced once, and a few oil changes. There was a re-call for a braking problem where the car would roll, and my local Hyundai Dealer (amazing service, btw) fixed the "issue" (I never had a problem) immediately free of charge. The car is so reliable, especially considering that this car has 65k miles on it. I get incredible fuel economy and this car has saved me so much money on gas. I was once rear-ended on the highway off-ramp at about 15 or so mph. My car had a small scratch on the back bumper, and the cruddy Mitsubishi from the 90s that hit me was pretty mangled. I absolutely love this car so much and would even recommend it to smaller families, because of how much room it has. It could be considered a small family sedan if you ask me. I really think that Hyundai/Kia will be the next Toyota. An Asian import that is know for quality reliable cars. The Hyundai Elantra is a great value, has incredible fuel economy and reliability, and is an all around awesome car. Would recommend to anyone.