Used 2012 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

2012 Hyundai Elantra

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Disappointed.
By RK

2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

The car is nice to look at. The MPG was a lie. The radio has malfunctioned at 80,000 miles. The timing chasing was replaced at around 20,000 miles and now at 83,000 miles the problem seems to happening once more. The tensioner went bad and it looks like it is agaIn. I change the oil every 5,000 miles and drive mostly freeway or highway miles. It has two pending recalls and the smog system had a computer reset early on. Other than that the car has been pretty nice. It does what it was designed for well. It is not a performance car. The brakes are superb. They are much bigger than need to be. And are very well finctioning.

Great looking car!
By Alona

2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Nice looking sporty car at a reasonable price!

Great car!
By Pat

2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I (still have) a 1998 Jeep wrangler with big tires and a lift and needed a better vehicle to commute back and forth between Jacksonville, FL and Pensacola. Bought it new 4 years ago and there has never been a moment where I haven't been happy about my decision. Only 2 things I don't like: you literally have to slam the trunk to close it, and if you're going 40+ and hit bumps it has very unstable handling.

85k and no big repairs
By Brad

2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car in 2011 and have only done routine maintenance (brakes and tires). So far so good.

At 79 thousand no important complaints!
By Bradley Wood

2012 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I've seen that some people have gotten lemons, but most buyers are satisfied. I drive over 90 miles a day very aggressively. Appreciate the gas mileage rebate, but the way I drive I wouldn't ever expect anything near 40 mpg.. The interior is noisy and lacks a cushion-like feel, but the sound system with nav. is great. At 70 thousand I needed new tires,wipers and brakes. I exceeded recommendations and had to buy rotors, but that was my fault. I change the oil about every 4500 miles because all my miles are on the highway. No mechanical issues that I can fairly complain about. Had the dealer replace the serpentine belt at 75 thousand just to be safe.