Wow!
By buddy904 on
2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
Just bought a 2011 Elantra on the 23rd of December. It is my wife's car - she traded in a 2008 Civic Coupe (we've had 5 Hondas). This is our 1st Hyundai, and it is very impressive. It is quieter than the Civic (which I expected - Civics are loud & I like them anyway) - it drives beautifully, smooth, a bit more powerful than the Civic, and it handles very well. We drove to South Florida for New Years - about a 600 mile round trip - and got 37 MPG overall. When I kept it at 70, I was getting 41-44 MPG. Of course, I usually drive 80+ down I-95. It has safety features only available on top level Hondas, it looks great, is comfy has features I never would have dreamed of for 18K. I am a Honda guy and a Ford guy, and was considering the redesigned 2012 Focus, Civic, or an Accord. But the new Focus seems like it will never be released, Civic apparently won't be redesigned for another year, and frankly, the Accord - as good as it is - is too big, and doesn't do it for me style wise (except for the coupe). I sold Hondas and Fords, and like both companies. I never saw a Hyundai in my future, or my driveway. That has definitely changed. This is a truly nice automobile, loaded with features, my wife loves it. It is safe, efficient, a smooth driver and a good looker. Look out, I think I'm hooked.
Favorite Features
MPGs, Smooth Driver, Style, Comfort - A great package overall. I think it is the best car in its class right now. Has tons of features for the money, and the car looks and feels like a more expensive car.
By kingsfan2
on 01/16/11 18:51 PM (PST)

Congrats also. I too have had 7 Honda products included an S2000 I still wished I had. But I just bought the Elantra Lmtd. and LOVE it! Wanted the mileage first but I love everything else about the car. It has a lot of room for a car that gets 40mpg. And the quality of the materials in the interior is very close to Honda, but you get a lot more features for the price. Very impressive car!

By btatr
on 06/04/11 09:31 AM (PDT)

The 2012 Focus is here but I strongly recommend the KIA Forte 5 Door SX model, it's better than all of the vehicles you mentioned.

By snowallergy
on 01/08/11 12:52 PM (PST)

Congrats. I'm like you. Ten years ago I considered a Hyundai when I purchased my current 01 camry. I was glad I didn't when a lot of other posters complained later on. But now and for the last few years Hyundai has been coming into their own. I'm also impressed with the kia optima. Let us know how you like your car in the future.

By jjcgirl
on 01/11/11 05:15 AM (PST)

I'm looking at purchasing the Limited now... I can't wait it really is a sharp car. Just thought I'd let you know while I was checking out the Civic the salesman let it slip that the 2012 Civic is going to be pre-released in a couple months because I told him the '11 didn't have the features I wanted and that was a deal breaker for me. I've been driving Honda's for 10+ years now, but I think it is highly likely I will have an Elantra in my garage by the end of the month!