Poor Mileage
By unclogum on
2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)
Eight thousand miles including a 2,300 mile trip where above 65 is a no no . You who like to say 40 mpg need to forget the trip computer and do it with a calculator . Warning , you will not like it. Power steering went nuts at 3,000 mile and car was shopped for 3 days. Wind sheild wiper blades replaced after 8 months with Napa ones. What a difference. Other than that Ok car. Would not replace with another . Mileage claim annoys me and from what I read , a lot of other folks as wall. Figure ave 33 mpg.
Favorite Features
Radio controls on steering wheel make life easy.
Suggested Improvements
Tell the truth about the mileage. I m a former owner of two Honda CRX's , one got 48 mpg and one 45. different years. One Geo Metro that got 43 Mpg. Same driver , so its not like a grew a lead foot.
By orangelebaron
on 03/08/12 18:56 PM (PST)

Are you averaging 33 overall? If so, that would be great! But I assume you mean you don't get better than 33 highway? If so... not so great, since my 2000 Volvo V70 wagon gets 31-33 on the highway.

By rawlins
on 03/13/12 06:03 AM (PDT)

Although I did get 34mpg on the highway after driving 170 mls I was disappinted as all the literature given to me when I purchased my car said that I would get get 40 mpg on the highway. This is false advertising and now I wonder what next.

By unclogum
on 04/19/12 08:49 AM (PDT)

Here I am posting an update, car at 11,000 still getting 32 -33 mpg. at highway. I guess the reason for no spare was to cut weight. Guess that with 90 pound driver at the right altittude with 90% chance of rain car tested 40 mpg.(once) . This is an honest posting site. some of the others ,where everyone is happy, won't take a unhappy post. So stick to what comes out here. Car had 2 recalls, Audio, and electronic I believe. Would give loaner if they had one available. Odd, they never do.

By unclogum
on 09/06/12 05:20 AM (PDT)

My last update, Wife needed an Electric cart and it was a bugger loading in the trunk. Traded it off , got a wagon. Not made by this company, Would never buy another by them. A neat site to look at cars is "Car Gurus" shows you your cars value and whats out there.

By unclogum
on 06/11/12 17:45 PM (PDT)

Managed to slice a tire on the road, Of course repair kit useless. Took 3 1/2 hours with me messing with tire repair kit, tow truck guy, tire shop. Guess what fun it could have been if tire shop was closed or worse yet , Rim damaged. For 155 bucks dealer will sell you a "flat tire kit" , Rim and jack, tire extra. For 155 bucks dealer will sell you steel rim, tire extra. I won't be buying any more off him. Should have bought a Honda Fit or Toyota Corella.