2011 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: Not being Truthful must be par

2011 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

Not being Truthful must be part of Hyundai's Culture
By dmee on

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I would have never bought this car if the MPG was this low. My low is 23 mpg and the high was 34 on a 8 hour drive, not using A/C or the fan. I called the dealer shortly after buying it, they told me there was a break in period and just to wait. There must of been email damage control so everyone would lie to customers and say the same thing. When I questioned the MPG when the Hyundai dealer called me a week ago to try to sell me a newer car, he said he wasn't aware of any law suit but questioned me if I liked my Elantra besides the fuel mileage. I said no, and he hung up the phone. Quality!! I don't want the $100 rebate a year, I want a refund plus 15% for the lies they told me.

Favorite Features

Outside styling.

Suggested Improvements

Be truthful with supposed EPA fuel mileage. Better glue with interior. Front seat sucks! I am not a small guy but I can't drive it for longer than 45 minutes or have a backache. If you have back problems, ask to drive a friend's before buying it. And it's too costly to purchase a new one. It sucks when you get a flat and may need to wait hours until a tow truck gets to you with the Hyundai road side service.
By debd11
on 02/13/13 05:58 AM (PST)

I feel your pain and frustration. I bought my 2011 Elantra new in Aug 2011. Have been regretting ever since. This car is costing me a fortune in gas. Also, I feel like I live at the dealership. Transmission sensor broke, ignition coils broke(all 4 of them), computer completely died in the car, seals all came of the doors, etc...etc..etc... My main goal in purchasing a new vehicle was the gas milieage...mostly city driving. Holy crap...should have bought a 4x4 truck..would have gotten better milieage!! Our most recent milieage figured out to be 15.93 MPG CITY!!!!!So sick of this!!! Cannot afford this gus guzzler...but Hyandai unwilling to help. I also don't want no stink'in rebate a year ($100 a year..what a joke!! I am owed that a month!!!) I also want a refund!!!!!!! Considering further action...I have already posted a letter to editor in our local paper...seen a lawyer but still considering filing a suit due to cost...