Mileage Update
By youngblood on
2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
Update on mileage: I now have over 6,000 on my 2011 Elantra and mileage numbers have not improved. I'm getting 23-24 mpg on city streets with moderate stop/go traffic (avg speed 26 mph). On the interstate I'm getting 32 mpg at 75 mph and 35-36 mpg at a steady speed of 65 mph. In the warmer fall weather I did get 40 mpg once when driving a steady 55 (with everyone else passing me). The city mpg is the most disappointing as it is not much better than our larger Nissan Altima. I thought the EPA revised their mileage estimates downward to be more "real world," but it appears they are still inflated.
Favorite Features
Positives: heated seats are nice in the winter months. Sound system & bluetooth work well, although some larger rear window shelf speakers should be included in the "Limited" model. Controls are logical and easy to use.
Suggested Improvements
On/off switch for daytime running lights. Better quality material for "leather" seats (it feels more like a leather/plastic blend). The wiper blades are very poor - lots of streaking. Not covered by warranty. Hyundai still not even stocking spare tires even for purchase after the sale.
By orangelebaron
on 03/08/12 18:59 PM (PST)

Yup! That's why people have to wait till others (and not fan boys either) get new cars and report their real world mpg.