If buying for Gas mileage, dont do it!!
By shanebro on
2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
Purchased the car in April of 2011, and I now have 11,000 miles on it. I have driven the car embarrasingly conservative (I have Smart cars and Pruis'es passing me like I am standing still... No joke) This car will NOT get 30-40 as advertized. I drive partial thruway and partial city, so I would say mixed driving. I get 26-29 mpg. I did get 35 mpg on the highway once, but I never went over 65 and I slowed up going up hills... You know the drill.) Would love to know who they paid to get the rating that they received. So in my opinion the only reason that you would buy this car would be for the warranty, it certainty is not "fun to drive" that for sure.
Favorite Features
None... Sync system I guess
Suggested Improvements
FUEL MILEAGE! Suspension could also use quite a bit of work, if you go over a speed bump with anything over an idle you will hit your head on the roof of the car.
By bigredtx
on 09/13/11 16:46 PM (PDT)

OMG!!! finally i see a review on exactly how i feel about this car. we also purchased our vehicle in april but only have 4000 miles on it and never ever have seen anywhere near 40mpg. we are in our 50's we are not drag racing nor do we drive excessive speeds. the car is jumpy, jerky,uncomfortable,noisy-like run the air on high you cant hear the person next to you and they are almost on top of you due to the lack of room. i called the dealership and complained. the manager just could not believe that i did not like this car but did offer for me to bring it in and he would buy it back since he can re-sell it tomorrow. i said you sure can to the next unsuspecting soul that believes they are going to get 40mpg. i will be going tomorrow to see what they will really do for me. oh, and the crank seats, priceless, all its missing is roll down windows.. cheap cheap made car

By asb81689
on 12/09/11 18:13 PM (PST)

@ bigredtx Did you even test drive the car before you bought or leased it? I doubt you even have one, all ridicules claims. I've had no problem in the ride quality, sound, or comfort. Oh, and I found it pretty easy to achieve 38MPG on the highway, it's how you control the throttle.