2011 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: Hyundai is going to sell a zil

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Review

Hyundai is going to sell a zillion of these!
By cdavidhess on

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my Elantra for 2 weeks and driven over 1500 miles. I am thrilled with this car! Its interior is larger than a Nissan Maxima. Its fuel economy is better than a Honda Fit. My worst tank has been 25.8 mpg (all city driving). My best tank has been 39.6 mpg (highway, 70 mph). Performance is peppy. The ride is comfortable. The car handles WV curvy, hilly 2 lanes with aplomb. The automatic transmission is a jewel! It is smooth and responsive. The 4 wheel disc brakes turned a potentially disastrous collision with a deer into a mild bump. The car, inside and out, appears more expensive than it is. The switch gear has a nice feel. The seats are all day comfortable. Noise is unobtrusive.

Fuel economy. Gorgeous styling, inside and out. Refined look and feel of the car. Unexpected touches---heated mirrors, telescoping steering wheel, a cancel button on the cruise control. It is hard to believe that you get so much for the money.

I know that to assure readers that I am being objective, I had to come up with something. For a long time, I feared that I would be unable to do so. I finally found something! It would be nice if the glove compartment had a light. Just thought of something else---"blind spot" side mirrors also would be nice.