Happy owner!
By k14k on
2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)
bought Elantra GLS on 12-14-10, and love it. Handles great, averages in high 30's on fuel overall, and looks very sharp. Would like more power, but it's good enough, and is the tradeoff for great fuel economy, which matters more to me.
Favorite Features
XM radio, great sound system, Bluetooth is crystal clear, and both interior and exterior design are very cool!
Suggested Improvements
None.
By buddy904
on 01/05/11 16:44 PM (PST)

Just bought a 2011 Elantra on the 23rd of December. It is my wife's car - she traded in a 2008 Civic Coupe (we've had 5 Hondas). This is our 1st Hyundai, and it is very impressive. It is quieter than the Civic (which I expected - Civics are loud & I like them anyway) - it drives beautifully, smooth, a bit more powerful than the Civic, and it handles very well. We drove to South Florida for New Years - about a 600 mile round trip - and got 37 MPG overall. When I kept it at 70, I was getting 41-44 MPG. Of course, I usually drive 80+ down I-95. It has safety features only available on top level Hondas, it looks great, is comfy has features I never would have dreamed of for 18K. I am a Honda guy and a Ford guy, and was considering the redesigned 2012 Focus, Civic, or an Accord. But the new Focus seems like it will never be released, Civic apparently won't be redesigned for another year, and frankly, the Accord - as good as it is - is too big, and doesn't do it for me style wise (except for the coupe). I sold Hondas and Fords, and like both companies. I never saw a Hyundai in my future, or my driveway. That has definitely changed. This is a truly nice automobile, loaded with features, my wife loves it. It is safe, efficient, a smooth driver and a good looker. Look out, I think I'm hooked.

By dexter49
on 12/29/10 18:23 PM (PST)

12-29-2010 I just bought my 2011 Elantra Limited, the 140 mile drive home was great, had a 20-30mph Kansas head wind and managed to get 31mpg, the car is pleasant to drive, to look at and has plenty of pep. minimal road noise and the car feels very solid even with the head and cross winds i was driving in,,Hyundai nailed it with this car, i am looking forward to getting a few miles on it, i want to see that 40mpg..,do not hesitate to buy this car...