2011 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: Better than my 2007 Honda Civi

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Review

Better than my 2007 Honda Civic
By hyundai12 on

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

This car lives up to all the claims made by the company that built it. Great fuel economy solid build. In case any of you are complaining about the engine or road noise, I strongly suggest that you take a 2006-2007 Honda Civic for a test drive. Those models have more noise from the engine and road noise from the cheap tires from the factory. Oh yeah didnt Honda try to downplay the roadnoise with a commercial that played a Holiday tune when you drove on that specially grooved road.

Heated seats for 4 persons, Sunroof, Gas Mileage, Stereo, Spacious trunk, Airbags all around if I ever need them, A great MPG trip meter and a money saving Economy light to monitor my gas consumption.

Direct Port Fuel injection for even better fuel economy
By alan80
on 05/11/11 09:20 AM (PDT)

I purchased my new Elantra Limited almost a month ago. I still have my 2007 Civic ES Coupe. It is difficult to compare the two. Most of the reviews of the Elantra are spot on. The Elantra has a numb sterring feel and can get noisy. It is truly a commuter car, as it looks much faster than it is. As far as road feel and handling, the 4 year old Honda is still superior. I would imagine the new Civic just released will match or exceed the Hyundia in most categories. I priced the brand new Civic will similar content as my new Elantra Limited, and the price was over $27K! I paid $21,700 foir a fully loaded Elantra. If you want a commuter car, Hyundia is your best bet. If the additional $5K fits your budget and you want performance, go with the Honda

By hyundai12
on 05/20/12 10:19 AM (PDT)

In case you are wondering what the group number for your battery is it is a 47 and not 121R.

By eldaino2
on 05/07/11 17:28 PM (PDT)

how fair is it to compare a 2012 to a 2007? the new civic is quieter and a better comparison. and even with the new elantra, edmunds still rates the 'cons' as pervasive wind and road noise. and they have a hyundai hard on. the new civic doesnt even have that over its head

By hyundai12
on 05/14/12 19:41 PM (PDT)

Just to update everyone. I am getting 40 plus MPG. I drive in winter and summertime in this car and I still get 40 MPG on the highway. What is critical to the fuel economy of this car is the use of the defroster. I get low 30's when I have the defroster on and I get 40 mpgs plus when it is not on. Sometimes you have to use your defroster but generally if you dont forget your vent setting on defrost you will get the states MPG or even higher. I feels good to be able to drive long distances for very little because your car affords you that ability. Get an extended warranty if you can afford it.