Annoying engine vibration
By stellasmom on
2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
I bought my 2011 Elantra in January. My mpg averages 27 in the city and as high as 37 on a 600 mile trip. I'm not getting the advertised mpg. My major compliant is that the car's engine vibrates at idle with the air conditioner on and the engine is hot. Very annoying. The steering wheel vibrates and the driver's side seat vibrates. I took it to dealer service dept to have this checked out and was informed that there was no fix. The car has no idle adjustment. I've owned cars this size all my life and it's been since the 70s that I've owned a car that vibrated. Obviously the engine is not powerful enough to carry the load of the air conditioner. Cute car, but don't let looks fool you.
Favorite Features
My favorite features are the bluetooth, navigation, XM radio. Body style.
Suggested Improvements
Idle vibration is very annoying to the driver. When the A/C is on it's too much for the engine and causes vibration. Mats are cheap and every thing sticks to them like velcro. Seat fabric is hard to maintain.
By physasstdriver
on 08/23/11 14:20 PM (PDT)

I bought my 2011 Hyundai Elantra Ltd a few months ago, and although disappointed as well with the mpg (I sometimes don't get above 21mpg in the city and have only reached 35 on the highway), I experience none of the complaints of the above driver. There is some road noise, but other than that, no noise and no vibration at all. It has a great ride and is very comfortable. I think the service departments suck as they never seem to know much about anything. My biggest complaint is the navigation system, which is about the worst I have ever seen. It never takes on the fastest route EVER.