Used 2011 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

2011 Hyundai Elantra

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Great car overall - but read the full review
By tiversen

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Have driven the car for about 1000 miles. This is a good choice for a highway commuter or inexpensive family car. Hope it holds up - but bought the 10 yr 100k bumper to bumper just in case. Here is the good, the fair and the needs improvement.

Favorite Features

Good - great nav and xm system, solid build quality, good seats, great exterior and interior fit and finish, handles well, good balance between handling and ride quality. This car seems to be the perfect balance of size and room inside. Seats four very comfortably, five in a pinch.

Suggested Improvements

Fair - gas mileage with about 80% highway (at 70-75mph avg) is only 30-31 mpg and deteriorates quickly with more city driving. I was expecting 34-36 mpg based on the amt of highway miles. Steering is a little vague and handles strange on varying road surfaces. Occasional auto transmission gear selection....is it still learning? Interior noise (from tires?) at highway speed a little intrusive. Bad - poor radio reception...my old Nissan with the pop up antenna has 10x better reception on AM and FM. Stereo has equalizer but sound is average at best.

i wish i was getting the advertised gas mileage
By debbishaw

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

i bought the car for gas mileage and i am very disappointed that i am only getting 31 MPG on highways. and they were not coming down on price due their gas fuel economy.is this even legal to advertise 40 mpg when it does not come close?

Favorite Features

good body style

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage needs to be improved, we should get a refund.

40 MPG?
By jouett

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my 2011 Limited for two months, and just under 2,000 miles. Traded an '09 Accord EX. Like the looks inside and out, and for the price, think it's very well equipped. My only negative remark so far is with the advertised 40 mpg estimate. I understand all the variables that go into the final average fuel numbers. Driving conservatively on 30 mile r/t per day, I've not seen 30 mpg yet. Prior to the Honda was an '03 Corolla that did provide 30+ mpg. I'm hoping this one improve with time.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, leather trim, price

Questionable MPG
By txn

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

We got this car a week ago solely based on the 29-40 MPG. So far we have gotten 27 during on the first tank. I hope it improves. The car appears to be made well and the quality of the interior is impressive. I just hope the mileage gets into the advertised range. Anyone here fall short of the low end of the range and try to deal witht he dealer on it?

Favorite Features

Interior and features

I am so glad I chose Hyundai Elantra GSL
By deebi27

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I had a Honda CR-V, I loved my car however on April 19th a storm totaled my CRV. I had just paid it off in November. :o( Enter May and I was on a mad research expedition to find a new car. I finally settled on 4 cars. I test drove 3 on Memorial Day and the 4th one, the Hyundai Elantra Tuesday after work. OMG! There was no comparison between the Elantra and the 1st 3. The ride is wonderful! I have great 40+ mpg! I have my Bluetooth hook up, for what I believe will become in the near future...no hand held cell phone use! My husband (6') is quite comfortable in the passenger seat. Phone, radio and cruise controls on the steering wheel. I love my new Hyundai Elantra!!!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth capabilities, great handling, quality sound for the radio and phone, good size trunk and the back seat sits comfortable. Feels bigger than a compact should feel!

Suggested Improvements

I have not found any!