2011 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Some bads aspect reviewed
By edmunds_logon on 03/10/11 19:13 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I buyed my elantra 2011 3 weeks ago after carfully reading reviews and comparing different models. I'm 35 y-old rep, i drove around 40 000 miles/ year and just replace my yaris manual 2006 with 160 000 miles on it. Before this, i had a Subaru WRX turbo also. I gotta say i do have my rally offroad license as i'm a racing enthusiasm, i race motocross and i am also aware of suspension settings and reactions. MPG was very important and thats also the major point wich is deceiving. While i was doing 360 miles per 13 gal, i now go for 280 with the Elantra in mixed City/highway conditions and a sporty driving style, at 75 mph on highway, wich i did not change from the Yaris.

Looks great...drive great...BUT
By jimmygimbels on 03/07/11 19:03 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Look great. Drive great. But, the tires are a problem. Be ready to slip and slide in heavy rain or any level of snow. Hankook Optima tires have a rep for little or no traction in snow and ice. If you live in an area where it snows, you might want to invest in a better set of tires. Hyundai traded safety for a better mileage number

Best purchase ever... so Far!!
By pa82 on 02/09/11 21:18 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I absolutely love this car, it combines comfort with sportiness and excellent on gas. Definitely the best purchase I made to date. I traded in my 2003 Infiniti G35 sedan and have no regretted it one bit. Everything on the new Elantra limited seems like its standard. Sunroof, blue tooth etc. You only find these options on mid level and top of the line luxury cars. Hyundai was really stepped up big time in the compact market.

Nothing but just Praise.
By ucool80 on 02/03/11 18:29 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I cant say enough good things about this car. There is just no other car in its class that comes even close to the features, fit and finish of this vehice. The car on its first trip on the highway from the dealer, showed that it was using only 7.6l/100km. That was on a very short trip, I am sure it will be in the low 6 if not below the 6l/100km mark on a longer highway trip. The doors and trunk close with a thump. The doors are quite heavy for a compact car. With two car seats in the back there is still enough room for an adult to fit in between the car seats. I have got nothing but compliments from everyone who has seen it.

The Mercedes of Compacts!!
By carfreak24 on 01/31/11 15:07 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I ABSOLUTLEY love this car! I was looking for a car that would deliver good mileage, comfort, and be inexpensive and this car does the trick. My brother works at a Hyundai, Toyota, Buick, GMC, Scion, Nissan, and Mazda dealership and he showed me all the cars in my range. It came down to the Toyota Corrolla, Nissan Sentra, Mazda 3, and finally the Elantra. When he showed me the Hyundai I thought it was totally out of my price range but it wasnt! The car is soo PERFECT throughout. It beats all the competition by far!

Blk Ext. Gry Int. GLS auto w/pref. equip. pkg.
By craign1 on 01/29/11 11:02 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I went to dealer the to drive a Sonata and noticed the Elantra which I think looks even better. Test drove both it and liked the smaller cabin with sportier ride and "growling" engine of the Elantra. I traded down from a '03 Accord EX-L (both the new Accord and Sonata felt too big to me). The front cabin feels similar to size to the old Accord. The back seat room is smaller but fine for kids, and the car is more fun to drive than the old and new Accords, Sonata, and Fusion. $17,500 with a 45,000 service contract and lifetime power train warranty from the dealer and I was sold. With 600 miles on it I'm getting about 32 MPG which is fine, but I assume it will improve with time.

Better then the Civic
By coyotejay01 on 01/16/11 15:22 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I owned a 2007 Honda Civic EX Coupe and enjoyed it. The accessories "fog lamps" were pricey. The only faults it had was road noise, no trip computer, and the transmission was a 5spd Auto without the ability to use it as a manual. Plus it didn't like the snow at all and didn't feature Vehicle Stability Control. I purchased my Elantra Limited on January 3rd. What a difference on the road and on the snow covered roads up here in central Michigan. I love having Blue tooth and XM radio (already built in). More room then my Civic and a much quieter ride as well. I am very pleased with my purchase! The warranty is great as well....more warranty, horsepower, and features then Honda Civic EX.

YOU GOT IT RIGHT!!
By bhamcarshopper on 01/13/11 13:02 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

This is a very quiet car, tuned for road and city driving...lots of great features..like the available hands free communication and the satellite radio. Lots of room in this car. Beats the competition hands down!

Wow!
By buddy904 on 01/05/11 16:49 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Just bought a 2011 Elantra on the 23rd of December. It is my wife's car - she traded in a 2008 Civic Coupe (we've had 5 Hondas). This is our 1st Hyundai, and it is very impressive. It is quieter than the Civic (which I expected - Civics are loud & I like them anyway) - it drives beautifully, smooth, a bit more powerful than the Civic, and it handles very well. We drove to South Florida for New Years - about a 600 mile round trip - and got 37 MPG overall. When I kept it at 70, I was getting 41-44 MPG. Of course, I usually drive 80+ down I-95. It has safety features only available on top level Hondas, it looks great, is comfy has features I never would have dreamed of for 18K. I am a Honda guy and a Ford guy, and was considering the redesigned 2012 Focus, Civic, or an Accord. But the new Focus seems like it will never be released, Civic apparently won't be redesigned for another year, and frankly, the Accord - as good as it is - is too big, and doesn't do it for me style wise (except for the coupe). I sold Hondas and Fords, and like both companies. I never saw a Hyundai in my future, or my driveway. That has definitely changed. This is a truly nice automobile, loaded with features, my wife loves it. It is safe, efficient, a smooth driver and a good looker. Look out, I think I'm hooked.

Can believe it's a hyundai
By danik1978 on 01/05/11 15:17 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

If someone told me 3 years ago i would be driving a hyundai i would laugh in their face, but I am not laughing anymore. I am flat out impressed. After 10 years of running a nissan/subaru dealership i have seen and driven them all. When my legacy lease was up i looked at 6 different cars - Civic, Corolla, Sentra, Elantra, Mazda 3 and Cruze. Impreza would have been on a list too but it was too expensive for my limited budget. I wanted something roomy (i am 6'0 and got two kids in boosters), economic, safe, stylish, nicely equipt and inexpensive. Sounds like impossible task? Elantra delivered and then some. it's eqiupt like a 40 grand car, gas milage is superb. Car looks sharp. Way to go hyundai!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Elantra in VA is:

$134 per month*