2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
i wish i was getting the advertised gas mileage
By debbishaw on 06/12/11 19:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

i bought the car for gas mileage and i am very disappointed that i am only getting 31 MPG on highways. and they were not coming down on price due their gas fuel economy.is this even legal to advertise 40 mpg when it does not come close?

40 MPG?
By jouett on 06/09/11 06:54 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my 2011 Limited for two months, and just under 2,000 miles. Traded an '09 Accord EX. Like the looks inside and out, and for the price, think it's very well equipped. My only negative remark so far is with the advertised 40 mpg estimate. I understand all the variables that go into the final average fuel numbers. Driving conservatively on 30 mile r/t per day, I've not seen 30 mpg yet. Prior to the Honda was an '03 Corolla that did provide 30+ mpg. I'm hoping this one improve with time.

Questionable MPG
By txn on 06/03/11 10:04 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

We got this car a week ago solely based on the 29-40 MPG. So far we have gotten 27 during on the first tank. I hope it improves. The car appears to be made well and the quality of the interior is impressive. I just hope the mileage gets into the advertised range. Anyone here fall short of the low end of the range and try to deal witht he dealer on it?

I am so glad I chose Hyundai Elantra GSL
By deebi27 on 06/02/11 21:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I had a Honda CR-V, I loved my car however on April 19th a storm totaled my CRV. I had just paid it off in November. :o( Enter May and I was on a mad research expedition to find a new car. I finally settled on 4 cars. I test drove 3 on Memorial Day and the 4th one, the Hyundai Elantra Tuesday after work. OMG! There was no comparison between the Elantra and the 1st 3. The ride is wonderful! I have great 40+ mpg! I have my Bluetooth hook up, for what I believe will become in the near future...no hand held cell phone use! My husband (6') is quite comfortable in the passenger seat. Phone, radio and cruise controls on the steering wheel. I love my new Hyundai Elantra!!!

Great car for the price!
By rtz on 06/02/11 09:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Love the looks inside and out. Ride can be rough and road and engine noise loud. Options installed are fantastic! Bluetooth & ipod hook up. I've had 3 tanks of gas so far (E10 in NY) and I am getting 31mpg with 15% city and 85% highway. Its rated fpr 29 city/40 highway. I'm barley getting over city rating with large percentage HW driving.Was hoping for 35mpg combined. Hopefully it will increase over time.

best ever
By chuckyb42 on 05/29/11 19:37 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned Hondas for the past 10 years The main reason was that I was a Honda salesman during that time Also Honda's comfort, cost of ownership and reliability were buying factors. My lease was up on my CRV so I started to look for a replacement. After reading all the positive reviews for the Elantra, I decided to give it a try Years ago I would look at a Hyundai vehicle After driving the Elantra I was blown away by its quality appearance and ride Ive had my GLS for 3 months and LOVE IT Great gas mileage great features outstanding vehicle. Run dont walk to your Hyundai and try one

Great looking car, questionable paint quality.
By bhamcarshopper on 05/25/11 12:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

There were 4 paint deficiencies when I took delivery. The worst were on the bottom of the car on the left and the right sides of the car between the front and rear doors. The paint did not match in these areas...I did not notice until a few days after when we had a sunny day. The clearcoat around the bottom sides of the car is splotchy also. The local dealer will be repainting, repairing the problem areas. Hyundai will be covering a loaner vehicle.

Gas Mileage
By chris274 on 05/22/11 06:36 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I love the car, its beautiful, comfortable and very fancy for the price compared to all the others in its class. I tested the Fusion, Civic and even considered some fairly new accords. I eventually went back to the hyundai. We love the car, but the gas mileage is not what was advertised. We get about 28 in the city and 32 on the highway. We went on a trip about 300 miles and never achieved over 32 MPH. this was and still is disappointing. I cant figure it out, some folks say they get over 40. I dont see it. I would love some thoughts by other owners as to why?

My First Hyundai
By andy_yen on 05/18/11 14:17 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car solely for the gas mileage. I did not buy a hybrid because I already have a hybrid. I do not want to have 2 hybrids. After driving 1,000 miles, I only get an average of 24 - 26 mpg. It was calculated by the miles driven and the number of gallons I put in. I drive half city and half highway. I do not understand why some reviewers got up to 46 mpg. Although the display panel shows 28 or 29 mpg, I believe my calculation is more realistic. Besides gas mileage, the car is fully equipped. I have a GLS automatic with preferred package. I paid invoice price. It is a good deal when compared to other dealerships. Most are selling it at or above MSRP.

My Experience with 2011 Elantra GLS Manual
By allen51 on 05/16/11 13:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

After about a month of on-line research, I test drove the 2011 Elantra GLS, Fiesta, Civic, and Kia Forte. All were fine cars, but in terms of value and the entire package, I was left wondering why anyone would buy a Civic. I now have purchased and driven the Elantra for over 5000 miles. It handles well, have not noticed the road noise some folks mention, and my gas mileage has exceeded expectations (I do a great deal of highway travel, and average between 43 and 46 MPG). The interior feels about the same size as my old BMW 325I.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan in VA is:

$136 per month*