2011 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
This isn't Your Father's Elantra
By newhartford on 04/06/11 09:44 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Fit and finish are excellent. The doors close with authority. The cabin is roomy except for headroom in the back seat. Even without the adjustable lumbar support the seats are comfortable. Interior materials are nice. The trunk is roomy as well. The car has adequate power but I don't find myself speeding with it. Always feels like you have to push it a little. The automatic tranny shifts up and down smoothly. The ride is firm not floaty. Don't have a problem with the steering drift that others mention.

Great Large Compact Car
By goldthaiger on 03/26/11 13:30 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I just bought Elantra 2011 a month ago. So far, this car is great. The standard features that come with the car is just fantastic. It's a sport sedan good looking car by far in the market. I was amazed when i first went to the dealer and sit in the car. The interior is great...so roomy. Before i decided to buy Elantra, I went to see and did some research...mazda3 was my first choice, then Corolla and Civic. Mazda3 is a very good looking car, best interior, but MPG didn't really do it for me. Corolla is not an exciting car what so ever and still use the drum brakes the back wheels. Honda is just way too expensive for the smallest compact car. It's my first time buying Hyundai and I love it.

WOW! What a nice car
By bsmith7859 on 03/26/11 11:06 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I have had it for 2 weeks now and 1000 miles. The car got 37mpg on the highway from the dealership and I'm averaging 32.5 on country roads. The mpg should pick up more as the car gets broke-in. Fun to drive on twisty roads, and from a start it actually takes off well. It is a lite car and on rough roads you get moderate road noise and the bumps are noticable, hey its not a 5000lb caddy, your going to have that. The seats are so comfortable and I love the bluetooth and all the other goodies. Had some snow on the roads and gave me a chance to play with the traction and stabilty control, I would purposely put the car in a slide and the car would quickly straighting itself. I love this car.

A great ride!
By jpar on 03/13/11 18:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I picked up a black GLS with the camel interior and premium package yesterday and I have to say, I'm very impressed. So far, I've only put about 65 miles on it, almost all on city and country roads, and I've averaged 33 mpg, pretty good without breaking the car in or doing any highway driving. Prior to buying this car, I checked out basically every compact on the market, including the Corolla, Mazda3, Civic, and Focus, but the Hyundai beat all of them out. The best part is the looks that people give me at stop lights - they just stare at my car because there isn't anything like it. I'm looking forward to spending a long time driving it!

Some bads aspect reviewed
By edmunds_logon on 03/10/11 19:13 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I buyed my elantra 2011 3 weeks ago after carfully reading reviews and comparing different models. I'm 35 y-old rep, i drove around 40 000 miles/ year and just replace my yaris manual 2006 with 160 000 miles on it. Before this, i had a Subaru WRX turbo also. I gotta say i do have my rally offroad license as i'm a racing enthusiasm, i race motocross and i am also aware of suspension settings and reactions. MPG was very important and thats also the major point wich is deceiving. While i was doing 360 miles per 13 gal, i now go for 280 with the Elantra in mixed City/highway conditions and a sporty driving style, at 75 mph on highway, wich i did not change from the Yaris.

Nothing but just Praise.
By ucool80 on 02/03/11 18:29 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I cant say enough good things about this car. There is just no other car in its class that comes even close to the features, fit and finish of this vehice. The car on its first trip on the highway from the dealer, showed that it was using only 7.6l/100km. That was on a very short trip, I am sure it will be in the low 6 if not below the 6l/100km mark on a longer highway trip. The doors and trunk close with a thump. The doors are quite heavy for a compact car. With two car seats in the back there is still enough room for an adult to fit in between the car seats. I have got nothing but compliments from everyone who has seen it.

Blk Ext. Gry Int. GLS auto w/pref. equip. pkg.
By craign1 on 01/29/11 11:02 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I went to dealer the to drive a Sonata and noticed the Elantra which I think looks even better. Test drove both it and liked the smaller cabin with sportier ride and "growling" engine of the Elantra. I traded down from a '03 Accord EX-L (both the new Accord and Sonata felt too big to me). The front cabin feels similar to size to the old Accord. The back seat room is smaller but fine for kids, and the car is more fun to drive than the old and new Accords, Sonata, and Fusion. $17,500 with a 45,000 service contract and lifetime power train warranty from the dealer and I was sold. With 600 miles on it I'm getting about 32 MPG which is fine, but I assume it will improve with time.

YOU GOT IT RIGHT!!
By bhamcarshopper on 01/13/11 13:02 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

This is a very quiet car, tuned for road and city driving...lots of great features..like the available hands free communication and the satellite radio. Lots of room in this car. Beats the competition hands down!

Wow!
By buddy904 on 01/05/11 16:49 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Just bought a 2011 Elantra on the 23rd of December. It is my wife's car - she traded in a 2008 Civic Coupe (we've had 5 Hondas). This is our 1st Hyundai, and it is very impressive. It is quieter than the Civic (which I expected - Civics are loud & I like them anyway) - it drives beautifully, smooth, a bit more powerful than the Civic, and it handles very well. We drove to South Florida for New Years - about a 600 mile round trip - and got 37 MPG overall. When I kept it at 70, I was getting 41-44 MPG. Of course, I usually drive 80+ down I-95. It has safety features only available on top level Hondas, it looks great, is comfy has features I never would have dreamed of for 18K. I am a Honda guy and a Ford guy, and was considering the redesigned 2012 Focus, Civic, or an Accord. But the new Focus seems like it will never be released, Civic apparently won't be redesigned for another year, and frankly, the Accord - as good as it is - is too big, and doesn't do it for me style wise (except for the coupe). I sold Hondas and Fords, and like both companies. I never saw a Hyundai in my future, or my driveway. That has definitely changed. This is a truly nice automobile, loaded with features, my wife loves it. It is safe, efficient, a smooth driver and a good looker. Look out, I think I'm hooked.

Can believe it's a hyundai
By danik1978 on 01/05/11 15:17 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

If someone told me 3 years ago i would be driving a hyundai i would laugh in their face, but I am not laughing anymore. I am flat out impressed. After 10 years of running a nissan/subaru dealership i have seen and driven them all. When my legacy lease was up i looked at 6 different cars - Civic, Corolla, Sentra, Elantra, Mazda 3 and Cruze. Impreza would have been on a list too but it was too expensive for my limited budget. I wanted something roomy (i am 6'0 and got two kids in boosters), economic, safe, stylish, nicely equipt and inexpensive. Sounds like impossible task? Elantra delivered and then some. it's eqiupt like a 40 grand car, gas milage is superb. Car looks sharp. Way to go hyundai!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Elantra in VA is:

$136 per month*