2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

2011 Elantra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Sort Reviews by

Blown away!
By cammer

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I can't wipe the smile off my face when i drive this car! It has sporty handling, a great view from the drivers seat, comfortable ergonomics and supportive seats. Did i mention it has a huge trunk and a comfortable heated back seat. The creature comforts are on par with luxury sedans costing 2.5x as much and what keeps that smile on my face is I am averaging 37 mpg. driving to Lake Tahoe from Reno. This car is a game changer in my opinion, every other car at 40 mpg felt like an econobox when I drove it.

Favorite Features

Love the navigation, bluetooth system and Ipod integration on the Elantra. It is intuiative to use and makes the system in my Infiniti feels like a DOS PC compared to it. I am 6'2" and can't believe the leg room for the driver in a car that gets 40mpg. it is soooo comfortable to drive. Execution of the details.... stiching on the leather seats, placement and feel of buttons all on par with my Infiniti M. The structure feels very stable and rigid, i hit a huge pothole yesterday and only heard a solid thump. Way impressed Hyundai!

Suggested Improvements

Can't figure out how to DIM the nav screen. Have to disconnect and reconnect IPOD everytime you start the car to be able to control it from steering wheel. Something to wipe the smile off my face :)

A lot of car for the money, & FORTY mpg!!!
By pud2

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Just got my 2011 Elantra limited, with Nav, blutooth,back-up camera, heated leather seats front and back...I love it! EXCELLENT vehicle, and my first 140 mile run on a hwy, got a little OVER 40mpg!(freeway). It is a beautiful car, everyone who see's it loves it... So far, I am VERY satisfied! Did I say the car is beautiful?!

Favorite Features

Everything about this car is awesome, plenty of space, comfortable,(I am 6'1" tall, 240lbs-fit fine) some of the features are something you don't see on some cars twice the price. Quality seems very good--and trunk space is huge for a car in this class. Rear seating area is nice also(and heated seats there too!)

Suggested Improvements

Have only put about 200 miles on my car, and handles a little "different". Not bad, but the turning force required is pretty light with the electric power steering.Just will take getting use to. Also, everything else is power, don't understand having no power seat adjustment--all manual.

Looks great...drive great...BUT
By jimmygimbels

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Look great. Drive great. But, the tires are a problem. Be ready to slip and slide in heavy rain or any level of snow. Hankook Optima tires have a rep for little or no traction in snow and ice. If you live in an area where it snows, you might want to invest in a better set of tires. Hyundai traded safety for a better mileage number

Suggested Improvements

Better tires.

The Mercedes of Compacts!!
By carfreak24

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I ABSOLUTLEY love this car! I was looking for a car that would deliver good mileage, comfort, and be inexpensive and this car does the trick. My brother works at a Hyundai, Toyota, Buick, GMC, Scion, Nissan, and Mazda dealership and he showed me all the cars in my range. It came down to the Toyota Corrolla, Nissan Sentra, Mazda 3, and finally the Elantra. When he showed me the Hyundai I thought it was totally out of my price range but it wasnt! The car is soo PERFECT throughout. It beats all the competition by far!

Favorite Features

Since I got the limited model this thing is fully loaded with options. I love the heated front and back seats. Yes I said back seats too! Also, I like the leather seats, navigation system(so easy to use), back-up camera, and the bluetooth.

Suggested Improvements

Everything is great in this car! If I had to say anything, it would be neat to have a turbocharged model, but that would defeat the purpose of the high mileage.

Better then the Civic
By coyotejay01

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I owned a 2007 Honda Civic EX Coupe and enjoyed it. The accessories "fog lamps" were pricey. The only faults it had was road noise, no trip computer, and the transmission was a 5spd Auto without the ability to use it as a manual. Plus it didn't like the snow at all and didn't feature Vehicle Stability Control. I purchased my Elantra Limited on January 3rd. What a difference on the road and on the snow covered roads up here in central Michigan. I love having Blue tooth and XM radio (already built in). More room then my Civic and a much quieter ride as well. I am very pleased with my purchase! The warranty is great as well....more warranty, horsepower, and features then Honda Civic EX.

Favorite Features

Blue tooth, Trip Computer, XM radio already built in, heated seats, heated mirrors, leather seats, moon roof, *fog lamps*, the automatic turn off light system, gas mileage, and warranty.

Suggested Improvements

A spare tire!! I couldn't believe it didn't come with one, and maybe a little more watts in the stereo system but this system is good as well. I do miss my 350 Watt factory stereo system with my Civic, but I think that was to cut down on the road noise on the Civic Coupes ;-) I didn't feel like upgraded to 2grand for premium sound for the Elantra. Other then that, nothing I can think of. I would like to find a remote starter system that will sync well with the car.