2011 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
paint issues/update
By bhamcarguy on 07/22/11 06:43 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Just a brief update...in general I like the car..the local dealer scratched my car in 2 places and made some mistakes while repairing the initial paint quality issues. The main areas involved are under the doors and where the water drains around the trunk lid. Unfortunately, this has esclated in the local dealer contacting the regional Hyundai mfg representative to go over the car with me before repairs go any further. I've never had any issues of this nature with a brand new car and needless to say I'm disappointed (so far) with the local dealer's repair and the paint fit and finish. Other than the paint, I generally like the car.

Great car overall - but read the full review
By tiversen on 06/13/11 13:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Have driven the car for about 1000 miles. This is a good choice for a highway commuter or inexpensive family car. Hope it holds up - but bought the 10 yr 100k bumper to bumper just in case. Here is the good, the fair and the needs improvement.

i wish i was getting the advertised gas mileage
By debbishaw on 06/12/11 19:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

i bought the car for gas mileage and i am very disappointed that i am only getting 31 MPG on highways. and they were not coming down on price due their gas fuel economy.is this even legal to advertise 40 mpg when it does not come close?

I am so glad I chose Hyundai Elantra GSL
By deebi27 on 06/02/11 21:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I had a Honda CR-V, I loved my car however on April 19th a storm totaled my CRV. I had just paid it off in November. :o( Enter May and I was on a mad research expedition to find a new car. I finally settled on 4 cars. I test drove 3 on Memorial Day and the 4th one, the Hyundai Elantra Tuesday after work. OMG! There was no comparison between the Elantra and the 1st 3. The ride is wonderful! I have great 40+ mpg! I have my Bluetooth hook up, for what I believe will become in the near future...no hand held cell phone use! My husband (6') is quite comfortable in the passenger seat. Phone, radio and cruise controls on the steering wheel. I love my new Hyundai Elantra!!!

Great car for the price!
By rtz on 06/02/11 09:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Love the looks inside and out. Ride can be rough and road and engine noise loud. Options installed are fantastic! Bluetooth & ipod hook up. I've had 3 tanks of gas so far (E10 in NY) and I am getting 31mpg with 15% city and 85% highway. Its rated fpr 29 city/40 highway. I'm barley getting over city rating with large percentage HW driving.Was hoping for 35mpg combined. Hopefully it will increase over time.

Great looking car, questionable paint quality.
By bhamcarshopper on 05/25/11 12:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

There were 4 paint deficiencies when I took delivery. The worst were on the bottom of the car on the left and the right sides of the car between the front and rear doors. The paint did not match in these areas...I did not notice until a few days after when we had a sunny day. The clearcoat around the bottom sides of the car is splotchy also. The local dealer will be repainting, repairing the problem areas. Hyundai will be covering a loaner vehicle.

Good commuter car
By raoul_duke on 05/10/11 07:02 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I drive 75mi round trip to work, so I needed a low cost car with good MPG. So far so good. I have been averaging 35-37 mpg 80% highway miles. I wanted to stay under 20k out the door so it was between this and the Corolla. The Corolla seemed really basic/bland and I would most certainly had buyer's remorse had I chosen to purchase the Toyota. Performance is what you would expect from a 4-banger and the 6-speed transmission seems all over the place, but not too bad.

What A Car
By luremakerfdl on 05/04/11 21:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

4 weeks ago picked up my new Elantra. Have been byuing cars since 1958. This with out a doubt is the best ever. Now have 2700 miles on it and there is nothing but smiles on my face. Took 4 adults, ea over 200 lbs, on a 330 mile road trip through the Ozark Mts. in north central Ar. averaged 35.3 actual MPG based on miles and gas used. This was abought 2 MPG less than the trip computer indicated. I traded an 07 Aveo. what a dif. Compared to the 6 Pont Bonnevilles i bought over the years this car beats all of them. Hyundai's Baloon purchase with extended amortisation sure keeps the payment lower, nearly $140 less than the best i could get from Chev Dealer for a Cruz.

A pretty decent car
By ibilkut on 04/26/11 11:54 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

For a little over $18k, it's hard to beat what one gets in this car. New styling in and out takes it to a modern, jazzy level. The front seat is comfortable for my 6 foot frame, and the tilt/tele wheel enables me to drop it down low, as is my preference. While the 40 mpg is on the sticker for highway, a mix of long/short drives puts me at about 34-36mpg. I'd say the car is responsive, tracks nicely on the open road, brakes quick and tight, pulls nicely into parking spots, has above average pep, and an ample trunk. I'm pleased with what this car delivered as compared to Mazda 3 and Honda Civic. There's some slight engine/road noise, but this is after all not a Lexus.

Uncomfortable seats
By me34 on 04/15/11 05:09 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

There is very little lumbar support in this automobile. This makes it unpleasant for me to drive. An $18,000 mistake.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Elantra in VA is:

$136 per month*