2011 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: 2011 Hyundai Elantra Ltd. Revi

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Review

2011 Hyundai Elantra Ltd. Review
By md2011 on

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this car in March of 2011 (Traded in my 09 Elantra GLS). Over the time I have had the vehicle I have been very impressed in the advancements over the previous model. Great performance, comfort, design, mpg the list goes on and on. A couple cons I do have is them removing features that were in the 09 Elantra such as glove box light, double storage in the arm rest dual map seat back storage and top of dash storage. As a sum they have done an excellent job on this vehicle and also requires less maintance than the 09 such as new timing chain and lifetime transmission fluid. Been very impressed! Best bang for the buck with all the features! Intend to keep this car for many years!

Everything!!! Just want to make a note about city MPG being poor. I have been averaging around 24mpg in the city but I do attribute it to severe city driving since I live in NYC and my avg mph is only 19 mph. Which is below what you would expect for city driving and I am not the lightest person on the gas pedal when accelerating from a stop. When I take this car on the highway I always exceed 40mpg easily. Took about an 80 mile trip from NY to NJ and averaged 42mpg! Even took a short hwy trip on the Gowanus and averaged 47mpg! Did check to see if the trip computer matched my math and never deviated more than 1/2 of a mpg. Great job Hyundai!

Bring back the dual arm rest storage, glove box light, dual seatback pockets and top of dash storage compartment and spare tire that was in the 09. Found these features very useful. I do believe an adjustable lumbar support should be standard on this car. The 05' Elantra we have has this feature and it comes in very handy. Other than that this car has been remarkable!