2011 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Mileage issue
By youngblood on 06/16/11 12:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my Elantra Limited for 3 months and find that my mileage varies considerably based on a couple of factors. 1) Driving at a steady speed of 55-60 mph on an open highway or interstate, I'm getting over 40 mpg. But if I drive in the 70-80 mph range, my mpg drops to the low to mid 30s. 2) Driving in the city with lots of stops, the mph drops to the 24-29 mpg range. 3) Using regular unleaded gas (compared with the cheaper ethanol blend sold in the Midwest) results in significantly higher gas mileage. 4) The "ECO" system has no effect on MPG that I can determine.

WOW!
By satexas on 06/15/11 18:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and i decided to depart from the luxury car segment and get something more practical. We decided on the hyundai because of the feature content of the limited and the gas mileage. We just werent sure of hyundai reliability. I am happy to say we have had the car 3 months and havent looked back. Sure its no speed demon, but if all you want is a great every day driver and a car that has most of the technology of a luxury car with great gas mileage; then this is the car for you. My wife has managed up to 44mpg hypermiling it on the expressway. Those people that arent getting the high 30 mpg on the highway may just need to have a lighter foot. Great car would totally recommended.

40 MPG?
By jouett on 06/09/11 06:54 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my 2011 Limited for two months, and just under 2,000 miles. Traded an '09 Accord EX. Like the looks inside and out, and for the price, think it's very well equipped. My only negative remark so far is with the advertised 40 mpg estimate. I understand all the variables that go into the final average fuel numbers. Driving conservatively on 30 mile r/t per day, I've not seen 30 mpg yet. Prior to the Honda was an '03 Corolla that did provide 30+ mpg. I'm hoping this one improve with time.

Questionable MPG
By txn on 06/03/11 10:04 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

We got this car a week ago solely based on the 29-40 MPG. So far we have gotten 27 during on the first tank. I hope it improves. The car appears to be made well and the quality of the interior is impressive. I just hope the mileage gets into the advertised range. Anyone here fall short of the low end of the range and try to deal witht he dealer on it?

Gas Mileage
By chris274 on 05/22/11 06:36 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I love the car, its beautiful, comfortable and very fancy for the price compared to all the others in its class. I tested the Fusion, Civic and even considered some fairly new accords. I eventually went back to the hyundai. We love the car, but the gas mileage is not what was advertised. We get about 28 in the city and 32 on the highway. We went on a trip about 300 miles and never achieved over 32 MPH. this was and still is disappointing. I cant figure it out, some folks say they get over 40. I dont see it. I would love some thoughts by other owners as to why?

Perfect except for 1
By natr on 04/19/11 13:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

This car is amazing! I always lease cars because i want to drive the latest model without having to pay a big hefty sum every month. The Elentra was not an option at first, thinking it would be as tight on the inside as a Toyota Corolla. WRONG! this car is amazing! Both my husband and I are tall, we can comfortably sit in the front and back seats without anything touch our knees. Also we have an infant with a car seat plus we carry the stroller everywhere we go. Cargo space if nicely designed to fit more items. And the GPS and bluetooth are amazing features. got it for $1900 and $246/ month for 35 months.

I bought my Elantra Limited a month ago
By jeffdavis1 on 04/16/11 10:57 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

This car makes me feel like I'm driving a much more expensive car. I traded an '08 Nissan Sentra SL and this beats it hands down. The Sentra was quiet, this is more quiet. This car is loaded w/toys that are easy to use and don't look gaudy. The controls are very well put together - elegant. Winters in Michigan means lower fuel milage. My first drive from the dealer (90 miles) showed 35 miles per gallon. The first two fill-up's averaged 31 miles for mixed driving. Unless something happens, I'm going to be very happy with this car.

Better than my 2007 Honda Civic
By hyundai12 on 04/15/11 19:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

This car lives up to all the claims made by the company that built it. Great fuel economy solid build. In case any of you are complaining about the engine or road noise, I strongly suggest that you take a 2006-2007 Honda Civic for a test drive. Those models have more noise from the engine and road noise from the cheap tires from the factory. Oh yeah didnt Honda try to downplay the roadnoise with a commercial that played a Holiday tune when you drove on that specially grooved road.

Love This Car
By tkbeyedoc on 03/24/11 19:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my 2011 Elantra Ltd with Navigation package for about a week now. I have averaged almost 37mpg (75% highway driving 70++ mph.) I use the car to drop 4 kids off at school and then to make a 50 mile round-trip work commute. The cars drives very nicely (and just for comparison, my previous everyday driver was an '05 XJ Vanden Plas!) Of course, there isn't sports-car power, but ride, handling, and noise are excellent for this category. The only thing I notice is a little motion in crosswinds. The features are just incredible. Being able to stream Pandora on android phone via Bluetooth is just too cool. I honestly have ZERO regrets about this purchase. Now my dad wants one!

Blown away!
By cammer on 03/17/11 15:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I can't wipe the smile off my face when i drive this car! It has sporty handling, a great view from the drivers seat, comfortable ergonomics and supportive seats. Did i mention it has a huge trunk and a comfortable heated back seat. The creature comforts are on par with luxury sedans costing 2.5x as much and what keeps that smile on my face is I am averaging 37 mpg. driving to Lake Tahoe from Reno. This car is a game changer in my opinion, every other car at 40 mpg felt like an econobox when I drove it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Elantra in VA is:

$136 per month*