Used 2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited PZEV Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

2011 Hyundai Elantra Ltd. Review
By md2011

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this car in March of 2011 (Traded in my 09 Elantra GLS). Over the time I have had the vehicle I have been very impressed in the advancements over the previous model. Great performance, comfort, design, mpg the list goes on and on. A couple cons I do have is them removing features that were in the 09 Elantra such as glove box light, double storage in the arm rest dual map seat back storage and top of dash storage. As a sum they have done an excellent job on this vehicle and also requires less maintance than the 09 such as new timing chain and lifetime transmission fluid. Been very impressed! Best bang for the buck with all the features! Intend to keep this car for many years!

Everything!!! Just want to make a note about city MPG being poor. I have been averaging around 24mpg in the city but I do attribute it to severe city driving since I live in NYC and my avg mph is only 19 mph. Which is below what you would expect for city driving and I am not the lightest person on the gas pedal when accelerating from a stop. When I take this car on the highway I always exceed 40mpg easily. Took about an 80 mile trip from NY to NJ and averaged 42mpg! Even took a short hwy trip on the Gowanus and averaged 47mpg! Did check to see if the trip computer matched my math and never deviated more than 1/2 of a mpg. Great job Hyundai!

Bring back the dual arm rest storage, glove box light, dual seatback pockets and top of dash storage compartment and spare tire that was in the 09. Found these features very useful. I do believe an adjustable lumbar support should be standard on this car. The 05' Elantra we have has this feature and it comes in very handy. Other than that this car has been remarkable!

Amazing Car!
By mlrollin91

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I absolutely love this car. Gas mileage is amazing on this vehicle. Only car that I have had that comes even close to the EPA rating. The only gripe I have is that when purchasing the Limited Premium Package, the so called 360Watt sound system is not even close to 360Watt. Maybe 200 at most. Replacing speakers and putting in a subwoofer for the lows and the car is perfect. Recommend to everyone.

I wish it got better gas mileage!
By keylacat

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I have had a Hyundai Elantra Limited since February. It currently has 5000 miles on it. It is a very attractive car , but like many other posts I would agree that it does not get near the gas mileage that it purports to. I average 28 mpg per tank. I do a mix of city and highway driving. Often just in town, I am getting 24 mpg.

Better gas mileage - that is why I bought the car. Better tires. A spare tire.

Best purchase ever... so Far!!
By pa82

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I absolutely love this car, it combines comfort with sportiness and excellent on gas. Definitely the best purchase I made to date. I traded in my 2003 Infiniti G35 sedan and have no regretted it one bit. Everything on the new Elantra limited seems like its standard. Sunroof, blue tooth etc. You only find these options on mid level and top of the line luxury cars. Hyundai was really stepped up big time in the compact market.

Blue tooth, front and rear heated seats. 17in wheels, leather seats.

Make the top of the line limited model with a 6sp manual transmission.

Wow...what a great car
By oleman

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Great car at a great price. I am averaging 35mpg so far and that is combined. Great warranty and a great looking car with a quiet ride and really nice leather seat heated front and rear.

MPG and the quiet ride

Power seat for the driver or at least have the option of getting it