2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Not being Truthful must be part of Hyundai's Culture
By dmee on 11/17/12 09:13 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I would have never bought this car if the MPG was this low. My low is 23 mpg and the high was 34 on a 8 hour drive, not using A/C or the fan. I called the dealer shortly after buying it, they told me there was a break in period and just to wait. There must of been email damage control so everyone would lie to customers and say the same thing. When I questioned the MPG when the Hyundai dealer called me a week ago to try to sell me a newer car, he said he wasn't aware of any law suit but questioned me if I liked my Elantra besides the fuel mileage. I said no, and he hung up the phone. Quality!! I don't want the $100 rebate a year, I want a refund plus 15% for the lies they told me.

Weak in some areas
By trafficjam on 06/26/12 14:38 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I no longer care about the mileage. At first it was great, 40 on the freeway 31 in town but after 22,000 miles it has fallen off. The major problem with this car is its horrible rear suspension. I cut someone off on the freeway, not because I wanted to but because i hit a bump and was thrown into the next lane.Can't wait to get rid of it.

best ever
By chuckyb42 on 05/29/11 19:37 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned Hondas for the past 10 years The main reason was that I was a Honda salesman during that time Also Honda's comfort, cost of ownership and reliability were buying factors. My lease was up on my CRV so I started to look for a replacement. After reading all the positive reviews for the Elantra, I decided to give it a try Years ago I would look at a Hyundai vehicle After driving the Elantra I was blown away by its quality appearance and ride Ive had my GLS for 3 months and LOVE IT Great gas mileage great features outstanding vehicle. Run dont walk to your Hyundai and try one

My First Hyundai
By andy_yen on 05/18/11 14:17 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car solely for the gas mileage. I did not buy a hybrid because I already have a hybrid. I do not want to have 2 hybrids. After driving 1,000 miles, I only get an average of 24 - 26 mpg. It was calculated by the miles driven and the number of gallons I put in. I drive half city and half highway. I do not understand why some reviewers got up to 46 mpg. Although the display panel shows 28 or 29 mpg, I believe my calculation is more realistic. Besides gas mileage, the car is fully equipped. I have a GLS automatic with preferred package. I paid invoice price. It is a good deal when compared to other dealerships. Most are selling it at or above MSRP.

must've gotten the one with the bad seats
By rocks3 on 05/14/11 01:52 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

The Elantra caught my eye with its good looks, lots of room inside and spacious trunk for a small car. Comparatively the other cars I tested in the 30-40mpg range were very small inside. Mileage so far has ranged from 30mg to 36mpg, both city and highway. Traffic light stops cut the fuel economy. On the highway the suspension is very stiff, I feel all the bumps in the road, and the wind pushing the car on windy days. Also dissapointed that the Elantra does not come with a spare tire! I've never had a Hyundai before, I'm concerned about what winter driving in snow and ice will be like, mine has Continental tires.

I love this car!!!
By carvedscissors on 05/04/11 11:24 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I was considering several vehicles (The Chevy Volt, Toyota Prius, and the Hyundai Elantra) when I decided to go for the new Hyundai Elantra. It looks and feels like a luxury vehicle, without the price tag. It is roomy and fun to drive. =)

Elantra Rock's
By elantrarocks on 03/28/11 19:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I recently went to Pensacola Florida. I rented a mid size Car. When I went to pick it up I thought they gave me the wrong car. It was sleek and very stylish. I am a 6'1" man about 280lbs. I could not believe I had enough head room and the seat was sturdy and felt very comfortable. The cars not perfect but it's close. I then drove from Pensecola to Tallahasse and got 42 miles per gallon. WOW! I did all kinds of milage comparisions while I had the car for a week. In general it gets 32mpg mixed driving. At 75 mph hwy it gets about 35-37mpg. I drove a 17 mile stretch of flat road and it aveaged 55mpg. I was driving a Mazda RX-8. Now I bought a new Elantra for 18,000.00. I would have paid more!

Suprising!
By drblptq on 03/26/11 09:49 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Let me begin by saying I purchased this vehicle primarily for it's advertised gas mileage, along with its styling and for that it has not disappointed! I average about 33 mpg, with a 50/50 split highway/local. This is a dramatic improvement over my last ride, a CX-9. Of course to compare the two vehicles is useless. The Cx-9 averaged 17mpg mixed. Not bad for a vehicle it's size and weight. I drive about 25,000 miles per year, 95% work related, and the Elantra fits the bill with current gas prices.

Best buy yet
By tlouda on 03/16/11 10:16 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Just hit 6,000 with the car. I took it on a road trip from Austin, TX to Flagstaff, AZ. The drive is mostly highway with 75 miles per hour speed limit, mostly flat grounds, not much traffic. I maintained a speed around 75-80 mph. The total trip avg. speed was 62 mph. I averaged 37.7 mpg. At one point in New Mexico I drove 150 miles at 42.5 mpg at 75 mph. I suspect I was driving downhill most of the time with wind in the back, because I was not able to duplicate that. I was able to achieve the best gas mileage after I did the first oil change at 3,750 miles. I made sure I put in a high quality engine oil and put a brand gasoline, medium grade, and the gas mileage around 37 to 38 was achieved.

Hyundai is going to sell a zillion of these!
By cdavidhess on 01/01/11 19:16 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my Elantra for 2 weeks and driven over 1500 miles. I am thrilled with this car! Its interior is larger than a Nissan Maxima. Its fuel economy is better than a Honda Fit. My worst tank has been 25.8 mpg (all city driving). My best tank has been 39.6 mpg (highway, 70 mph). Performance is peppy. The ride is comfortable. The car handles WV curvy, hilly 2 lanes with aplomb. The automatic transmission is a jewel! It is smooth and responsive. The 4 wheel disc brakes turned a potentially disastrous collision with a deer into a mild bump. The car, inside and out, appears more expensive than it is. The switch gear has a nice feel. The seats are all day comfortable. Noise is unobtrusive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan in VA is:

$134 per month*