Worst Car I've Ever Owned!
By whyohwhy1 on
2010 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
When accelerating, it lags A LOT; when I punch it, it stands still and then goes. Very dangerous. afraid to let my son drive it. Very jerky. Between 20-40 mph, car lags; Driver's seat upholstry keeps "puckering". Was given a hard time by dealership. Told me it was normal wear and tear. (Have seen several Hyundais from previous years with 100,000 miles on them & they don't have this "wear & tear" problem.) They finally repaired it, only to happen again a week later. Now they're trying the old "wear & tear" line again. Very loud car. Feel every bump I go over. Outside noise is loud. I'd turn up radio but radio fades, when I come to a stop. I could go on & on. Do not get this car!!
Favorite Features
Price was good, but not for what I ended up getting. Wish I would have stuck with Toyota. Extremely disappointed with this car!
Suggested Improvements
I 've heard they fixed the lagging and jerking in the 2011 model. Guess I should have waited.
By jackson55
on 08/08/12 18:17 PM (PDT)

thanks for someone that agrees with me about this car. You can admire the cupholders and other niceties all you want, and i guess thats fine as long as your parked in the driveway' but for the intended purpose,driving it absolutely fails. To sell these thing to people and magazines to praise them is unconscionable!