2010 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: a steal

2010 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

Blue Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

a steal
By elantrablueman on

2010 Hyundai Elantra Blue 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought
a leftover 2010 in Jan 2011 for 12,200, 13,200 otd. Have conv. package and love the xm radio. Now have 57k and the car has been near flawless. Had a minor brake light switch recall.

Averaging 30.9 mpg annually. Keep records for taxes. Better mpg on hwy/trips.

I change oil every 5k and keep on trucking. Still have original brake pads. Facing some big bills at 60 k: timing belt, trans fluid, probably brakes, too. Could go $1,200. However, with my new Michelins, I could go another 60k.

sat radio upright seating huge trunk quiet ride very low maint. near hybrid mpg

trip computer for mpg easier bluetooth add, doing without timing belts should be obsolete; may not have purchased it if I had known

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By elantrablueman
on 12/17/15 17:36 PM (PST)

Now have 88,000 miles. Still trouble free. Spent a little money on synthetic transmission fluid (50k) and a timing belt (87k). This is still the most trouble free car I've ever owned. Still have original brake pads. I drive to stretch mpg and use brakes as little as I can. I love this car. My manual 5 speed trans. makes a huge difference. Most unhappy owners have the older 4 spd auto., with less mpg and reliability. My next car will have the 6 spd auto or dual clutch automated manual.

By elantrablueman
on 04/07/15 17:59 PM (PDT)

Update: Have 79k now. Still have original brake pads. Manual says 60 for timing belt. Hyundai USA schedule says 90k. I may sell it at 90k. The car has been near flawless.