Used 2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Can't go wrong
By WORLDBFREE

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Hyundai, just sold my 2002 Elantra with 193k miles - bought it new. I looked at Civics, Focus, Fiesta, Mazda 2 and 3 plus Subaru. I qualified for $3000 in rebates. I just bought a 2010 Elantra GLS PZEV, automatic with cargo net and mat for #13,100 plus tax, tags and docs. The sticker was like $17,870. You can buy other cars but $3-4k more. I own a 2008 Sonata with 62k miles. Hyundais are reliable.

Seats are much more comfortable then my 2002 Elantra, cruise, roomy predicted reliability, price - c'mon cruise,ac, pwr windows, locks fog lights. I commute over 100 miles a day round trip.

All-weather mats and mud guards standard. Big numbers on speedometer like a civic and gas mileage to equal or exceed the civic.

Great car
By Dan

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second elantra, my first was purchased new in 2008, a GLS model. I traded the 2008 for a 2010 SE model because I wanted the safety features and black interior the 2010 had. They are both great cars! The 2008 GLS was a wonderful ride and very dependable, it was hard trading it in. I love my new one, it is a rougher ride because of the sport-suspension but you get used to it. I test drove many cars before I bought my elantra's but always came back to them. You get a lot for your money and a great warranty, it is definitely a great buy.

XM radio, traction and stability control, controls on steering wheel, gas mileage, interior room, sound system

leather interior, oil and temp gauges

Happy with Purchase!
By Bella

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

After much consideration I got a Hyundai due to price, options, and warranty (which I also got an extended warranty because I drive for a living). My car runs great, is very quiet, and is comfortable to drive in (I did have to get used to the headrest though - just a little different). I have not noticed any of the suspension issues others have mentioned here, but I did notice a difference in how the car rides with the SE vs. the GLS model. The SE is a much nicer ride, and hugs curves like a pro. It is a very responsive vehicle. So far I have gotten 30 mpg on average. Also the car looks small from the outside, but feels very roomy inside - which I like very much.

Navigation system, large color display touchscreen, Bluetooth, lots of storage, AUX jack, 4 cup holders, plenty of headroom and legroom, heated seats, sunroof, tinted windows, fog lights, chrome details, and it drives like a champ on the highway - I find myself speeding and not even realizing it!

No leather seats, no rear wiper, kind of a slow-ish start if you just stomp on the gas (I did go from a V6 to a 4 cylinder though, so that might explain that gripe), sort of a funny headrest

It is what it is
By erics1611

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Got the SE with navi/sunroof system. Navi is alright, it's not as nice as Honda's, but it lets you access it while the vehicle is moving - no lockout! Would be nice if you could manually enter GPS coords but alas. Car seems peppy and responsive around town most of the time but it feels gutless on steep hills, make sure you downshift in advance. It has a great turning radius, suspension feels tight. I am used to a 4x4 pickup truck though. City/hwy mixed mileage has been around 24 even with taking it easy, so a bit disappointed by that. Hwy mileage is low-30's so far. Stereo sounds good, only downside is no easy way to manually tune XM radio like you can AM/FM radio.

USB port, can use it with flash drives. Bluetooth phone system works good. Two 12 V outlets (but see below). Water bottle holders in the doors. Lots of storage space in the dash. Good sized trunk. I'm 6' tall and seems roomy to me. Leather wrapped steering and shifter feels good.

Glove box light should always come on, not just when headlights are on. Overhead map lights should come on with door open, or at least switchable to that. Have one 12v outlet be always on. Put missing gauges on one of the navi screens (coolant temperature, oil pressure, voltage, etc).

Test drive before you buy!
By Norm

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car meets or exceeds my expectations. I test drove several competitors including the Mazda 3. The Mazda 3 is probably a finer car, but not $7,000 finer. This is my 12th new car and I have never been more pleased with a new automobile. The gas sipping engine give plenty of performance for my pocketbook.

Headroom, ease of getting in and out. Big car "feel" inside.

Nothing at this point.