2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
great car for the price
By John Shaffer on 02/12/10 11:04 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

i have had my elantra gls for 3 months. getting 31mph around town...seat not very comfortable for a tall man but over all the care is great regarding performance. better than my toyota's or renault, or vw..looks good too.

Suspension Problems
By Seanbird on 02/10/10 17:58 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Blue 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car looks good, drives nice, great on gas and is pretty comfortable. Basically its a good car for the price. The problem i have is the loud knocking noise every time i turn the wheel or go over a bump and the dealership cant figure it out even after taken the car to them three times. I guess that's what they mean by you get what u pay for.

Roughest ride ever
By RustyArm on 02/01/10 12:49 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We live in the northern mid-west with rough winter roads but the ride in my new car is the worst I have ever experienced. You feel every bump not once but twice (front and back). If you like the feel of riding a go-cart this is the car for you. The suspension is so tight I have a head/stomach ache every time I am in the car. It is impossible to drink any beverage while moving. It has been years since we bought a new car and I am heartsick to be stuck with one that is so uncomfortable. Mileage is only at 27mpg. We also own a 2009 Toyota Corolla - there is no comparison to the quality of the ride. The dealership says this is the way they are built. This will be the last Hyundai!

Excellent Car-Sell the Honda
By PAW on 01/29/10 07:42 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This quiet, comfortable little car has been a pleasant surprise. Good response on steering. Will flat out move when the pedal is punched. I also own a Honda Civic Coupe EX which I love (except for the expensive maintenance costs) yet the Elantra is comparable and maybe better. It's got plenty of storage compartments, roomy trunk. I got 35.7 MPG on the first tank, half on the interstate at 70 MPH. Love the XM radio! Cost for car-$13,485 before the fees and taxes. My only con (and it is minor) is the upholstery. I have long hair that sheds and it sticks to the fabric. I bought covers for the seats but hair sticks to the arm console.

Big Mistake
By Chuck on 01/25/10 17:36 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Tried trading after 1000 miles. Depreciated 25% plus. Rough ride,hard suspension, noise from rear. 25.8 MPG HW. uncomfortable in back seat. look around and compare comfort. Drive on an uneven road. Great Heat/AC, radio, sunroof. Drives well in snow/ice. Looking for a trade or sale. Little help from dealer.

Beats Corolla or Civic
By John Shaffer on 01/04/10 03:12 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

very quiet cab..great radio. roomy for a tall person...easy entry...of the 8 small cars i have owned the elantra is the most comfortable and quiet car...

Beats Corolla or Civic
By John Shaffer on 12/23/09 10:21 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

would suggest a light in the compartment under the heating control buttons..great location but need small light for night driving...

Beats Corolla or Civic
By John Shaffer on 12/22/09 10:16 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

i have owned 8 small cars. This car far exceeds any Renault, Toyoto, or Volkswagen. I have only had it a short time but it is fun to drive, holds the road well and is large and roomy even for a 6'1 man and family. Retired United States Air Force

Great Price
By Ken U on 12/05/09 20:14 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I know you won't believe me, but my local dealer advertised my Elantra GlS, list price 17745 with ipod cable and mats for 10600. The week before they were 11900 and I was ready to buy for that price. I own a 2008 Hyundai santa fe so I the low price included tha loyalty discount. I bought the car for my daughter so safety and reliability were very important. For a 2010 cost you can not buy a used Elantra for less then this new one.

Better than I thought
By SkipperL on 12/03/09 20:38 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Really a nice looking car in and out. Jet black\ gray interior with moon roof with the touches of chrome and pin stripping being a nice addition. The SE rides very well and accelerates better than expected. It has no problem getting into traffic and the cab is very quiet. The upgraded stereo sounds very good. MPG is averaging 30+ so far around town. Lots of room and storage. Very similar to my maxed out 2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6, without the leather and V6 power. Cost, warranty and added MPG make up for both and I get to use reg unleaded gas now. Front\rear seating very roomy and comfortable. Trunk plenty big and fold down rear seats help as well. Very pleased with this purchase.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan in VA is:

$130 per month*