2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Can't go wrong
By WORLDBFREE on 08/26/10 05:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Hyundai, just sold my 2002 Elantra with 193k miles - bought it new. I looked at Civics, Focus, Fiesta, Mazda 2 and 3 plus Subaru. I qualified for $3000 in rebates. I just bought a 2010 Elantra GLS PZEV, automatic with cargo net and mat for #13,100 plus tax, tags and docs. The sticker was like $17,870. You can buy other cars but $3-4k more. I own a 2008 Sonata with 62k miles. Hyundais are reliable.

Great car
By Dan on 07/20/10 13:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second elantra, my first was purchased new in 2008, a GLS model. I traded the 2008 for a 2010 SE model because I wanted the safety features and black interior the 2010 had. They are both great cars! The 2008 GLS was a wonderful ride and very dependable, it was hard trading it in. I love my new one, it is a rougher ride because of the sport-suspension but you get used to it. I test drove many cars before I bought my elantra's but always came back to them. You get a lot for your money and a great warranty, it is definitely a great buy.

Happy with Purchase!
By Bella on 07/13/10 06:41 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

After much consideration I got a Hyundai due to price, options, and warranty (which I also got an extended warranty because I drive for a living). My car runs great, is very quiet, and is comfortable to drive in (I did have to get used to the headrest though - just a little different). I have not noticed any of the suspension issues others have mentioned here, but I did notice a difference in how the car rides with the SE vs. the GLS model. The SE is a much nicer ride, and hugs curves like a pro. It is a very responsive vehicle. So far I have gotten 30 mpg on average. Also the car looks small from the outside, but feels very roomy inside - which I like very much.

It is what it is
By erics1611 on 07/07/10 00:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Got the SE with navi/sunroof system. Navi is alright, it's not as nice as Honda's, but it lets you access it while the vehicle is moving - no lockout! Would be nice if you could manually enter GPS coords but alas. Car seems peppy and responsive around town most of the time but it feels gutless on steep hills, make sure you downshift in advance. It has a great turning radius, suspension feels tight. I am used to a 4x4 pickup truck though. City/hwy mixed mileage has been around 24 even with taking it easy, so a bit disappointed by that. Hwy mileage is low-30's so far. Stereo sounds good, only downside is no easy way to manually tune XM radio like you can AM/FM radio.

Test drive before you buy!
By Norm on 07/05/10 18:41 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car meets or exceeds my expectations. I test drove several competitors including the Mazda 3. The Mazda 3 is probably a finer car, but not $7,000 finer. This is my 12th new car and I have never been more pleased with a new automobile. The gas sipping engine give plenty of performance for my pocketbook.

Steering is a bit stiff
By Terri on 06/28/10 17:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Car is not bad. Hated to get rid of my Kia which was fully loaded. but I did fine that steering a tad stiff. Anyone else had this person with this car?

Great Ride
By SGM on 06/04/10 18:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I reviewed road tests of several vehicles of this size and went on to drive a few. The Elantra came out on top. I believe it fills all the requirements for a vehicle in this price range. For the customers complaining of a bumpy ride, you should have test driven it more. You are not getting a Rolls Royce at this price. What you are getting is good basic transportation with all the safety items included. It will get you where you need to go. It is a great buy!

Satisfied Buyer
By lululea217 on 06/03/10 19:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car! It rides very smoothly and the XM radio is a must have that I didn't know I needed until now!

Very Satisfied
By SGM on 05/23/10 17:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Quiet ride at all speeds. Comfortable seating front & rear. The trunk is quite large and the rear seat backs fold easily for maximum space. A great value!

Great car for the price
By John from Villages on 04/30/10 13:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Great interior. Blue lights at night are cool. Handles great. Seat material may be a problem even with their Scotch guard. Very quiet and great radio. Love XM radio. XM needs to lower their price on monthly charges. If you call them they will have special offers to reduce the monthly price. Service great. Great paint . Slow down and bumps wont be a problem.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan in VA is:

$131 per month*