Used 2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

less than 10k
By screwedinaz

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Blue 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this thing sips gas, is alot of fun to drive since it is a manual trans. i have to keep checking the tachometer to make sure it is still running very quiet at idle. which the idle is low way low around 500rpm??? the interior is adequate for tall drivers im over6 feet tall and no head bumping. overall performance is about what i expected from the 4 cylinder. i do miss my 3.7l v6 dodge but the pain was at the pump. so i look at this little can do car as one huge tylenol on my wallet.. with the 10/100 optional warranty and the dealer provided maintenance it will be a long time before i reach into my wallet to put out a dime for this car outside of the payments and washes

Favorite Features

driver side seat goes up and down height wise a feature not found on some 30k+ luxury cars. the trunk is huge, fold the seats down and its even better. i have looked at some upgrades like spoiler and wheels pricing is rather reasonable even from hyundai directly. trunk lid has safety latch allowing unlocking from within trunk. rear seat cup holder should keeps the kids quiet for some time. of course my first project for the seats was a can of scotch guard. two 12 v sockets in the console. power locks windows and its all good from there..

Suggested Improvements

the pass through from trunk to seats has a small cutout i would like to see this made bigger or eliminated. the tire monitoring system could be an issue for the do it your self guys since that equipment can be costly. an extra layer of clear coat my help deter paint damage better. the spare should really be a full size tire, looks like one will fit really nicely even a steel spare wheel with a plain tire would be nice. trunk lid and hood should be equipped with strong arms not weak torsion bars for trunk. which are NOT adjustable but if you order the spoiler kit stronger bars are included.

Reliable, comfortable, but annoying
By kmfdmdude

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Performance and realiability wise I really like this car, but sadly it does have it's flaws. I know I'm not alone but researching all the forums, Hyundai is known to have RATTLES. The dash board likes to rattle, glove box is REALLY noisy, the last two days I have heard my door panel rattle. I purchased this car in November 2010 and I have been to the dealership 3 times. Fourth time is tomorrow (thank god for the lemon law). Buyer beware...If you hate rattles in your NEW car, think twice...

Favorite Features

Ipod jack, satelite radio, holder for sunglasses

Suggested Improvements

Interior with no rattles

Not sure
By peridot

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got the SE instead of the GLS for the ESC. Not only does it bounce considerably and constantly at any speed, it fishtails when driving at speeds over 55 and trying to gradually correct the drift out of the lane. I went to the dealer and they of course didn't find those issues. They said it would take time to "break in", and they lowered the tire pressure a bit. I contacted Consumer Reports and made a complaint, and also contacted NHTSA and filed a complaint with them as well. The more complaints, the more likely they will look into the problems. The Vehicle Safety Hotline is toll-free at 1-888-327-4236.

Favorite Features

Gas economy. Looks stylish.

Suggested Improvements

Doors that automatically lock when the car is in "Drive". Could use more leg room and less room in the back seat area.

"bouncy-bouncy"
By mtnbyker76

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I started out dealing for the GLS, but move up to theSE because of the ESC. I didn't test drive the SE because I thought it would be just like the GLS, and they were cutting me a great deal. Got it home and then, drove it to work. It was very stiff and extremely bouncy. Sometimes it seems to level out, but once it starts bouncing, it bounces. Dealer says it's because of the larger wheels and tire, I don't know. It's a great deal turned sour. Does get very good mpg.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, radio, i-pod port, turns on a dime, and has great acceleration. Been averaging 31 mpg. I like the style and the blue color.

Suggested Improvements

This suspension has to be fixed, and I could only hope that they can fix the models like mine that are already purchased. Hyundai, make good and take care of us. I have yet to press Hyundai a second time on this, but I will be taking it in and having a mechanic drive with me.

Hidden Gem
By IMHandy

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Hyundai Elantra GLS for about a month. It's quiet on the highway, gets as good as the mpg rating, has some neat features (Ipod plug/XM radio)) with easy to view/access interior controls and overall is fun to drive. I moved from a 2001 PT Cruiser to the Elantra and though I miss the great storage of the PT, I don't miss the lower gas mileage or the harsher ride. Overall I love the handling, the smooth ride though the exterior styling is a bit bland, I still give this model an outstanding rating. Additionally, the Hyundai has an outstanding bumper to bumper warranty.

Favorite Features

The ride, the high mpg, generous interior features and an outstanding deal with two Hyundai discounts and low % rate.

Suggested Improvements

Would like a larger opening btwn back seat and trunk & tinted rear passenger windows as standard.