Used 2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Worst Car I've Ever Owned!
By whyohwhy1

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

When accelerating, it lags A LOT; when I punch it, it stands still and then goes. Very dangerous. afraid to let my son drive it. Very jerky. Between 20-40 mph, car lags; Driver's seat upholstry keeps "puckering". Was given a hard time by dealership. Told me it was normal wear and tear. (Have seen several Hyundais from previous years with 100,000 miles on them & they don't have this "wear & tear" problem.) They finally repaired it, only to happen again a week later. Now they're trying the old "wear & tear" line again. Very loud car. Feel every bump I go over. Outside noise is loud. I'd turn up radio but radio fades, when I come to a stop. I could go on & on. Do not get this car!!

Favorite Features

Price was good, but not for what I ended up getting. Wish I would have stuck with Toyota. Extremely disappointed with this car!

Suggested Improvements

I 've heard they fixed the lagging and jerking in the 2011 model. Guess I should have waited.

great car (25000 miles in 10 months)
By hale1

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was a little suspect with Hyundai because of their reputation from their early years, but when I was car shopping the civic, toyota, and chevy cobalt did not compare in bang for the buck. I just wanted a gas friendly car to replace my z71. The worst mpg I have ever got is 29mpg with 36mpg on my recent trip from sc to fl. I made it from olrando to columbia sc on one tank of gas! interior is excellent given the class of car and the ipod hookup is great. The only two concerns I have had are: the light colored seats stain REALLY easy.. even from a water spill and my transmission has done a few quirky things while accelerating. Nothing to make me think it is going to break, just a hard shift.

Favorite Features

great mpg, nice interior, comfortable.. even in the back seat.

Suggested Improvements

A little more support for the lumbar in the front

18,000 miles and still great
By fredtwenty2

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Very happy with my $14,000 commuter car. excellent on gas, reliability, comfort and all around easy car to own. I'm glad I didn't wait for the 2011 model, b/c it seems to be about $10,000 more.

Favorite Features

Easy to use, easy to drive. very basic yet seems to have all the amenities I want in a commuter car.

9 months into it
By worldbfree

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I now have about 16k on the car, over 100 mile daily commute. I ask a lot of the car and it meets my needs. It has plenty of pep. I can get to / cruise at 80-85 no problem. I just got over 32 m.p.g. for the first time, slowed down used cruise, plenty roomy - reliable, seats have improved. It does not glide or float down the road like my 08 Sonata 4 cyl but I had my 2002 Elantra 8 years 193k, you can't go wrong with a 2010 Elantra not as pretty as the 11 but for about $13,500 c'mon auto,cruise,ac etc. - average about 30 m.p.g.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seat

lot of car for the money
By koptm

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

easy & fun to drive, reminds me of my motorcycle only is has comforts. bought it jan.7th under blizard conditions, does great in the snow. quiet, smoth comfortable ride. no radeles or squeks. sounds solid. milage range from 18 mpg (cold weather 10 to 15 min warm ups) 31 mpg on the road. I live in WV so not much interstate driving. i'm getting 26 mpg on the average and i love it. enough power to pass coal trucks in a short space going up a mountan, (that's the test). easy enough on gas i'm not afairade to go to the filling station anymore. doesn't feel like a compact car when i'm driving, excalent audio system, all controls heater & so forth easy to use. well desinghed i'd recomend it.

Favorite Features

audio system, xm satilite plus i-pod usb port plugin, 6 speakers excalent sound. 2.0 L 4cyl dule overhead cam engen plus the 4 speed automatic transmition delivers all the power i need with the minumam of gas consumption. plenty of room for my 5'6" fram. trunk is spaches plus the back seats fold down 60%, 40% or 100% for even more cargo space. power windows & mirrors heated mirrors, tilt stearing. AM FM atenna built into rear window. disc breaks all around. AC & cruse control. all thease features at an economical price.

Suggested Improvements

seats are a little hard for my likeing. my suggestion would be a little more coushening, or padding, or springs, or something.