2010 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: 2010 hyundai elantra automati

2010 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

Blue Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2010 hyundai elantra automatic
By jackson55 on

2010 Hyundai Elantra Blue 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've read your review on the 2010 Elantra blue. At first I couldn't understand why it was given positive grades for it's performance and then i realized it was a 5 speed manual transmission. I think a fair amount of elantras are automatic, have you test driven them and i am talking about a 2010, although I believe they used the same power train for any number of years. I can't believe it's such an annoying thing to drive, especially when people go around praising them, i think it must be the warranty they like. I'm not sure how many forward speeds mine is but it doesn't seem like it's enough. In particular what i'm talking about is; The car upshifts to early when you accelerate at a norm

Suggested Improvements

My question to anyone with this kind of knowledge is how many forward speeds is the basic 2010 Elantra and are there enough gears for the rather small amount of horsepower the motor puts out.
By whyohwhy1
on 08/20/12 10:15 AM (PDT)

Thank goodness! Someone else, who has the same opinion as me. This car does not accelerate, as a car should. The dealership keeps telling me that it's because of the ""ECO" design. Well, I'd rather pay more for gas than drive this piece.... I've had to repair so many things, but the poor acceleration makes me most crazy. I'm embarrassed to take guests in this car. Who wants to "jerk" down the highway? I can't believe this car got so many rave reviews, either. Not sure how anyone can like this car.