2010 Hyundai Elantra Blue 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
First I would like to address two issues mentioned in other reviews. Those with "bouncy" suspension seem to have the SE models. I haven't had those problems with the GLS. Also it was said that there is a delay in acceleration. That is true, but that is due to the ECO mode. There is a slight delay when accelerating from below (aprox) 3,000rpm to above 3,000. It has something to do with keeping your driving at low, gas conserving RPMs. Disable ECO mode (by hitting TRIP till you see ECO ON, then holding TRIP until off) and you will have much smoother acceleration.
- Roomy for the footprint of the vehicle.
- Solid sounding stereo, can clearly listen to music with windows down on the highway.
- Pleasant interior design, and I still like the glowing blue dash lights.
- Clean look, it doesn't look sporty, but it also isn't a ticket magnet.
- Steering and handling is responsive enough to not feel disconnected from the road.
- A turbo would make a world of difference. There is enough power to comfortably pull into traffic, or pass on the highway, but it feels like JUST enough.
- Like it's power, the styling is JUST enough. Nice headlights, tail lights, and grill, but everything else is as bland as a potato.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.