2010 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
a steal
By elantrablueman on 01/07/14 18:49 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Blue 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a leftover 2010 in Jan 2011 for 12,200, 13,200 otd. Have conv. package and love the xm radio. Now have 57k and the car has been near flawless. Had a minor brake light switch recall. Averaging 30.9 mpg annually. Keep records for taxes. Better mpg on hwy/trips. I change oil every 5k and keep on trucking. Still have original brake pads. Facing some big bills at 60 k: timing belt, trans fluid, probably brakes, too. Could go $1,200. However, with my new Michelins, I could go another 60k.

Decent car; serious problems
By anonumos on 03/05/13 05:48 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Blue 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used in May 2012. I paid too much, but that's my fault, not the car's. It had been throwing an engine warning off-and-on since I bought it, but the dealership mechanic could not find the problem; told me it was fine. However, with 38k on the odometer, the engine has blown a main seal and is being replaced completely. It appears to be covered under warranty, but I felt no warning until oil started to leak all over the engine compartment. Engine still ran smoothly, good power, no problems...just oil everywhere. And now a replacement engine. Meanwhile I have a 2013 Elantra loaner with 100 miles on the clock. 2013 is a much better car.

1 year owned review
By screwedinaz on 02/16/12 20:49 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Blue 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

overall its not a bad car with the best feature being with 3.50 gas prices 25 bucks about fills the tank at 3/4 empty. with the 5 speed manual i dont have to wait for transmission to shift if i need to pass some body drop a gear and just go. the seating is a bit stiff to say the least trunk space easily holds to big duffle bags. the car did not come with a radio but that was an easy fix. installing a radio was a breeze too 1 phillips head screwdriver and a pry tool to remove face plate.

less than 10k
By screwedinaz on 01/24/11 20:20 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Blue 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this thing sips gas, is alot of fun to drive since it is a manual trans. i have to keep checking the tachometer to make sure it is still running very quiet at idle. which the idle is low way low around 500rpm??? the interior is adequate for tall drivers im over6 feet tall and no head bumping. overall performance is about what i expected from the 4 cylinder. i do miss my 3.7l v6 dodge but the pain was at the pump. so i look at this little can do car as one huge tylenol on my wallet.. with the 10/100 optional warranty and the dealer provided maintenance it will be a long time before i reach into my wallet to put out a dime for this car outside of the payments and washes

Suspension Problems
By Seanbird on 02/10/10 17:58 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Blue 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car looks good, drives nice, great on gas and is pretty comfortable. Basically its a good car for the price. The problem i have is the loud knocking noise every time i turn the wheel or go over a bump and the dealership cant figure it out even after taken the car to them three times. I guess that's what they mean by you get what u pay for.

Awesome car
By SRG on 11/23/09 10:55 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Blue 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my first new Hyundai and 2005, and love everything about it, including the price. I paid a bit over $14,000 for my 2010 Elantra Blue with the comfort package, and I'm loving everything about it. It handles fairly well on the Highway, and the nice fabric seats are rather comfortable. The trunk is a decent size for a small vehicle and the back seat seems to have plenty of room, also. Finally, the stereo system is quite remarkable. I love the fact the XM radio is integrated (which I know is now the new trend). The stereo has good sound quality and it has iPod and USB ports.

Daily Driver
By Daily Driver on 11/01/09 07:17 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Blue 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just got the car the other day, and its great to drive. Only coast me $25.00 to fill it up. So far getting around 30mpg. Much better deal then Honda or Toyota. Paid $800 under invoice, thanks to TMV on Edmunds.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Elantra in WA is:

$162 per month*