2009 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: I replaced a Saab with this an

2009 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I replaced a Saab with this and I won't be looking back
By captainbrown on

2009 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I needed something cheap, practical, and reliable and I got it. This car has two dominant personalities. The first is a sensible car for the average adult. Gas economy is on par with 2009, the ride quality is exceptionally smooth for a compact, and the cabin is quiet and spacious in town and on the freeway. However, under the surface the 2009 Elantra is one of the funnest rides you can get for an MSRP under $20,000. I would compare it to a go cart. It's nimble, quick, and firmly planted. Unlike the 2011 Elantra, the steering is connected, responsive, and no matter how you drive it, she wants more. Give it an honest test drive, because you have to drive it to experience it.

Dependability, ride quality, minimal body roll, steering refinement, stability, cabin space, audio system

Obviously, the body has been redesigned in 2011, however, the rear passenger comfort has taken a hit over this redesign. I have hopes that the Elantra GT model will address this issue.