2009 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
The best buy!
By hnicoleg on 11/01/09 07:34 AM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Hyundai, and I have no complaints! Its performance is amazing compared to my old mazda, and you can't beat the price, 12,000. If anyone is looking into the Hyundai Elantra, you should really consider it!

Some features make all the difference.
By MIke K on 10/31/09 11:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and i love this car. The lack of road noise is fantastic and ads to the use of the blue tooth phone on board this fun to drive vehicle. The back seats fold down individually permitting you to haul long items while still seating somebody in the back seat. We drove many vehicles before buying this one, and for the money nothing comes close to this car for value. It not only has an Aux port for ipods or other music players, but it also has a USB port for flash drives and other usb devices. The Cabin on this car is very quiet and comfortable.

exterior noise
By beth on 10/28/09 10:55 AM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Can hear a lot of the road while driving but other than that a great car so far.

Price is worth it
By swimmurgirl on 10/02/09 20:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my daughter and she fell in love with it. She loves the blue light interior and the way it handles. The price was awesome. Paid 14K for it. Very impressed. I was worried about engine noise, but after driving it, it wasn't that bad. So no complaints. Had to decide between the Corolla S and Hyundai. Went with Hyundai based on price and features. We get 3 months of XM. Toyota doesn't offer that. A lot more amenities that a kid could like at that age.

Great Car, Great Price
By Sheryl on 09/28/09 22:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought 2 weeks ago, 1,500 miles so far, am totally impressed with the quality and value. Great interior features, 2 trip tach, rides smooth, quick acceleration on fwy. onramps, great control compared to what am used to. I shopped and compared Civics, Corollas and others, for months previous to buying, owned Toyotas previously, but this impressed me more than the new Corolla. No complaints at all! I'm only 5'0", and like how I can see the road, compared to a Civic. Very satisfied with it, plus a great warranty. So far the MPG is about 30 city/36 hwy.

No Regrets
By Steve on 09/22/09 19:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased the car with Cash for Clunkers and got it for just under $10K. Considered Honda, Toyota, Mazda and Dodge but happy I settled with Elantra. Taken one long trip and averaged 36 mpg. The ride is quite and comfortable with an interior space that lets you hear music at a reasonable volume with a stereo system much better than what you would expect in this class. The seats are excellent for not being adjustable. I have a combat injury to my back and was quite surprised at the seat support comfort on a long trip. I have owned two Honda Civics and consider this vehicle a much better value especially when comparing the warranty coverage. Hyundai has come a long way, baby!

What a buy !
By tim on 09/22/09 12:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent car. Thoughtfully engineered, first-rate build quality, very nicely equipped. But the warranty and the five years free roadside assistance closed the deal, not to mention the great price.

Very impressed
By GL w/sport pkg on 09/20/09 18:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have only had this vehicle since end of July 2009 and must say that I am quite happy with it so far. It is the GL w/ the sport package(rear spoiler, 16 " alum. wheels, fog lights and skirt package. It really makes the car stand out beside a regular elantra. My only complaint is the rear trunk lid has developed a very annoying rattle, dealer says it may be the spare tire tools and jack. Otherwise, it is a great little car. Great on gas, fit and finish is good, and it handles quite nicely. Anyone considering a Toyota Corola, or Honda Civic should look at this vehicle before they buy...

Nice Discovery
By Jim on 09/12/09 15:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Was going to buy a Corolla on the C4C program, but a friend who works at CarMax recommended I give Hyundai a look. With the C4C, the $2K mfg incentive and some negotiating, was out for under 14G, incl tax. Very comfortable, smooth and quiet ride for a compact

Good Choice
By will on 09/06/09 13:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Had the car for 3 weeks now and am pleased with it. I never considered buying a Elantra, but friends of ours has 2 and love them. I wanted a car that's reliable, safe, good mpg,comfortable and affordable-the Elantra was it! No other car maker came close with the same options & price plus warranty. It's not sporty or a head turner,but for me that's ok.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Hyundai Elantra in NJ is:

$211 per month*