Used 2009 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

2009 Carpet don't fit cut to short
By Carpet dont fit

2009 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Carpet does not fit replaced 2 wks after new still don't fit & took back had them reorder another & still don't fit. Waiting for someone higher up to see what more can be done. Pretty bad their own parts don't fit their cars. Checked neighbor's 2009 as well & same problem. The carpet is supposed to be tucked up under the console & stay under it. Engine replaced at 7,000 miles. Never got good gas mileage & still don't. Tires are horrible & car has poor traction - horrible in snow & rain. Have another Hyundai as well & love that one & fuel is better than advert. This one though leaves much to be desired & now I don't trust it. Had some rattle issues as well.

It drives currently

Fix the carpet so it fits the 2009 cars. The carpet ordered by the dealerships to replace doesn't even fit! Improve the engine issues.

First new car
By Megan

2009 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first new car, actually my second car all together. I like the car and I think that for the price, and being that I do a lot of short trips, that it has yet to let me down. I do very well in gas mileage. Most of my trips are under 8 miles, to school and work. Took it on a long trip to visit colleges and the gas mileage was MORE than expected. I love it, and look forward to buying from Hyundai in the future.

I like everything, not a lot of outside noise, which is good because I have bad hearing and can still hear the radio perfectly.

21,000 miles later
By rajo394

2009 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

2009 Elantra SE, only defect was the radio and one speaker not working after 21,000 miles. Surprised to read about suspension problems. The ride seems very good considering the type of car. The seat covering could be better, attracts dirt. The steering is quick, have to keep your mind on the road. Handles Arizona bumps and potholes fairly well. It is my everyday work car and have been pleased. Second Elantra, I will hold it for 5 years and trade it in. Lots of plastic, holds the weight cost down. I get 28 mpg in city over 30 on highway depending on how fast I go. I believe it is the best value on the market.

Size: easily fit 4 adults and large trunk.

Different material on seats.

Great Car
By Hyundaiguy

2009 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Hyundai. In general I like this car. I have just begun after 11,000 miles to get good gas mileage. took a trip and got 37mpg. Interior is nice to the eyes, but mine has several small creaks and squeaks around front/back windshield, stereo surround. Outside pass side door handle gets stuck and door wont close. Other than that I like it.

Blue instrumentation illumination, good ride on smooth road, generous interior and trunk space.

Better "aka 173 watt sound system" Bluetooth through stereo not 1" speaker, auto headlights, and for god sakes at least a 5 speed auto tranny.

love my elentra
By marmar

2009 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new elentra - i have about 1500 miles 0r 2 months - received an excellent deal - the end of the year savings - originally drove several minivans over the years - but now kids are grown - no more soccer mom - my husband is purchasing a 2010 sonata

i loooove my sunroof - blue illuminate interior lights - so cool looking - seats are comfy - great cargo space - xm radio - the radio-temp dials are a perfect reach for me - i really haven't any problems - perfect vehicle for me :)

exterior colors, weather info center, i.e outside temp., etc. interior colors