2009 Hyundai Elantra Review
By md2011 on
2009 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
2nd hyundai! Been highly impressed by both cars! Had for 2 years just traded it in for the new 2011 elantra ltd. Been a pleasure to drive and own! Very impressed with the gas mileage. Best mpg at 39.7 mpg based on filling up the car and doing the math on a calculator this was in NYC traffic 90%hwy and 10%city. Average mpg I receive when i do about 50/50 driving was 28 mpg still pretty impressive since I am not light footed. Pros: Performance, MPG, Price, Radio, USB, Blue Lights, tons of features, interior space, many storage comp'ts, quiet interior, Cons: Whine from radio (most wont hear), loud rattle from rear window hitting large bumps Best bang for the buck!
Favorite Features
Very comfortable to drive in although my right leg gets a cramp when I am stuck in traffic for over 45 minuts I am 6'3 though. Radio system is excellent, impressive performance have no problem passing people on the hwy, great mpg USB connectivity, blue lighting, fog lights on gls model, tons of interior space.
Suggested Improvements
Did have a high pitch whine (most people won't notice) noise from radio when car was on for over 30 mins techs could not find it and on heavy bumps a loud rattle from the rear wish i see throughout these reviews.