Time to trade in
By sweed2 on
2008 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I bought the Elantra new in 08'. The windshield wipers were never connected. I found this out on the highway in a torrential downpour with no breakdown lane. A couple of weeks later I got a flat took it to Pep Boys and they asked when I had patched the tire? I never did I thought it was new. Recall after recall. Cd player stopped functioning, window was slowly going down, and we kept having the problem. We just received the airbag recall notice. I decided to trade it for a Volvo S60 with the premium package. I totally broke even with everything! The mileage (very low), price, and a good trade-in value. Now I have a safe luxury car that is awesome!
Favorite Features
No any.
Suggested Improvements
Make the car heavier, safer, and a better engine or an option for a better one.
By jdburnz
on 07/31/12 10:17 AM (PDT)

a majority of this rating appears to be due to buyer incompetence or fraud on part of the dealer. this car was obviously not new and was most likely involved in a previous accident which could potentially result in the issues mentioned. regarding recalls, only the airbag was mentioned, but "recall after recall" was stated. were there other recalls which we should be aware of?