Some Issues
By ocd4deals on
2008 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
I bought my Elantra brand new. Since owning it we have replaced each headlight at least twice and each foglight twice. We had to replace the first headlight on day 2 of owning the car. We had the dealer replace it whie it was under warranty but after 36k miles we were on our own. This was the most frustrating until we had issues with the brakes locking up the rear driver side tire. Upon doing a brake job we found that the brake bracket wasn't up to factory specs so when installing brake pads. the pads had to be filed down. With the seizing of the tire we have had to replace the hub assemly, bracket, and caliper. But other than these 2 issues the car has run great and we are at 78k.
Favorite Features
Dashboard lights are cool at night. Very comfortable seating, Roomy and spacious back seats. Great gas mileage when brake isn't dragging my back tire.
Suggested Improvements
Headlights, fog lights, and brake manufacturing. My front brakes are good but the rear were not built properly. The design of the headlight assembly could have been better because we are going through headlights like crazy... no matter if they come from a dealer or after market.