Dependable car!
By Jonathan on
2008 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
I have owned my car for the last two years now and I have been very pleased with the reliability of the car. The car presently sits @ 24k miles and the only complaints I can think of that come to mind are : For the year in which this car was built, I wish it did better then 27 mpg avg. The other issues are as follows : - Stains are easily visible from simple things such sweat or water spills or water from your coat jacket in which you might wear out in the rain and get into your car with. - CD Player always says LOADING when there is no disc in it and therefore I can't tell what station I am tuning into on the radio. - Trunk seems to come unlatched mysteriously often while parked.
Favorite Features
Tire Pressure Indicator, blue interior lights, ABS, numerous airbags, and no pole antennas.
Suggested Improvements
The mysterious trunk unlatching issue needs to be fixed, and the car needs to get better gas mileage, and make the interior more resistant to staining.
By pepper46
on 02/13/12 19:02 PM (PST)

My radio is doing the same thing in my 2008 Elantra. Thanks for posting. My trunk has come up also due to my hitting the button by accident getting in our out of the car. It is in a bad place.

By trunkmonkey
on 02/19/11 18:14 PM (PST)

Your CD player is malfunctioning, and so is your trunk mechanism or maybe your keyfob switch. I am the original owner of a 2998 SE and have neither of these problems.