2008 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: bad product design

2008 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

bad product design
By jlemon1 on

2008 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Three things that bother me enough to write a review about them: 1. The doors only prop open at these widths w/o slamming closed on you: open so far it would slam into the car parked next to you, and open just enough that you could slide a piece of paper through- good luck trying to get you bags of groceries out of the car w/o the door repeatedly slamming into you 2. Extremely poor visibility out of the back angled windows- I just have to back up, and change lanes really slowly and pray no one crashes in to me 3. When the steering wheel locks, you don't just give it a little jiggle until it comes loose- you have to jerk it violently until you break your ribcage and it still won't budge.

Price and exterior design.

Design the interior to be attractive to people other than 12 year old boys who want to pretend they are in a make-believe cockpit flying a fighter jet. Allow for the headrests to be pushed back a little- if you sit up straight in the seats they force your neck into a hunched position. I don't know what kind of deal Hyundai has worked up with the National Association of Chiropractors, but I will be paying a visit to one soon.
By wiccanferret
on 11/07/11 14:54 PM (PST)

Ahahahah...you can't figure out how to use your headrest? Pull it forward all the way until it slides back. It has three positions, it's adjustable. Look, I'm a chiropractor! Derp... Honestly, your "issues" just make you look stupid. None of these are actually problems with this car. But I guess headrests, doors, and windows are "hard", eh?