2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Very nice car
By Very nice ccar on 07/22/09 19:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car from Hertz Car Sales for $9995+tax. We researched cars for several months prior to our purchase and were leaning towards the Elantra. When we saw this price, we went and drove the car. Wow! We were pleasantly surprised. It had under 25000 miles. So far we have had no problems. We love the handling, and at 70 mph on the freeway it hugs the road. Loaded with extras. It has a nice sporty feel. Consider this one if you are looking for a compact.

You Get What You Pay For...
By Honesty on 07/20/09 20:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Over all I enjoy my car. It's great on gas, smooth ride, great pick up,roomy, I get lots of compliments. I enjoy all the features,especially for the price. It's not a car that's good for driving up steep hills, especially in snow or icy weather conditions,it's just down right scary. I was surprised at how easily the interior gets scratched up as well as the outside paint job.I have scratches galore from other people's car doors, people walking by ect. Oh yes, apparently someone at the factory forgot to put a screw in my rear passenger window, it came loose. The dealership fixed it at no charge. Otherwise the car is ok & I'm still happy I bought it.

Windows not tempered enough
By offalycute on 07/12/09 10:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The windows on my Elantra are not tinted enough and the care get extrememly hot - enough to heat a meal if left on dashboard and I have a wheel cover on the steering wheel so I can touch it. I live in the south and it gets very hot. On long trips I have to keep something over my knees if it is in the summer and I have on short pants. The AC is somewhat inadequate unless run on high. Contacted Hyuandi America and they claim it is a problem for the dealership. So much for customer satisfaction. Will not purchase another one

I got a good deal
By Wigglypuff on 06/26/09 14:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I researched sedans on Edmunds 3 years ago and compare all the foreign cars as well as domestic. Hyundai turned out to be the best deal hands down over ALL OTHER car makers. So I decided from that point forth to buy a Hyundai. I got a great deal from my dealership (below invoice per Edmunds). I have 27000 miles on this car. I haven't had any real problems with it (except for the recall). I have since upgraded this car with the factory keyless start system (its awesome). Great fuel economy. I started off getting 27-31mpg. Now I'm getting 35mpg. I've driven this car in treacherous snow conditions and she handled like a breeze. I'll probably update again at 50k miles.

Quality confirms decision to buy Hyundai
By jsimecka on 05/18/09 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car new in Sept 2008 and it has been a delight. Very quiet while running, fun to drive, very tidy controls and interior, and more leg room in back seat than most small sedans. I can take my wife and two boys (13 and 15) and we don't feel cramped. Bought in Ft. Worth and drove to Topeka and it got 37 MPG. This was with no air and careful driving. Currently averages 32 MPG with a lot of stop and go driving. Now has 9,000 miles on it and I have not had any problems at all. Thanks to Consumer Reports for pointing out this Diamond in the Rough. You can not go wrong with this car.

Car of the year!
By Anita on 04/24/09 10:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle last year and due to the affordability I got the features that I wanted like a sunroof. It's great on gas getting 35MPG. I work at a Hyundai dealership and am proud to be selling such an economical vehicle.

Ex-Honda Owner
By chivo on 04/22/09 13:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

bought leftover '08. Paid $13,200. Has automatic, bluetooth, a/c, fog lights, xm radio, mp3, radio/cd. All for a measly $13,200 plus tax. Try buying a stripped civic with a manual and no a/c for that. Extremely comfortable and quiet once you are up to speed. Yeah it's a bit loud when you're accelerating hard, big deal. We had purchased a Kia optima lx and loved it. I actually like the smaller elantra better.

I smile often with my car!...
By Rich on 02/17/09 14:01 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I put 25k mile on my new Elantra since I purchased it 6 months ago. The best mpg was 35 and I usually get about 33 to 34 for combine city/high and I'm totally satisfied my car's mpg. The cabin is quite as 4cyl engine, the front dash design is cool and nice look, the sound system is awesome enough to listen clear and powerful sound from my favorite CD's. I never thought this is a small sedan because it provides a good room for even five adults. I went to Lake Tahoe twice with my friends and we all liked and impressed about the handling, acceleration, and the way breaking. It is worth for the money and some worry about resale value.

Great Value for the Money
By Best Deal Going on 02/14/09 15:27 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have always bought new vehicles and driven them between 250-300,000 miles. After exhaustive research which included talking to other Elantra owners I purchased one. I got a tremendous deal out the door including financing for about 15k(on an SE not GLS). On the last trip at 75 mph with the air on, a full load of passengers and full trunk I got 34 mpg. This wasn't based on the trip computer, it was the old fashioned way of calculating.Mixed driving 29 mpg. After 20,000 miles I am thoroughly convinced that this is the best deal out there. I test drove all the other cars in the class and sure some are peppier or handle better but if you are looking for best bang for you buck, here it is.

Bang for the buck!
By jnelson on 02/10/09 20:19 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have almost 18,000 miles on the car now and not one problem. Have done oil changes every 3000 miles. Rides nice, is quiet, gets 32mpg. My Smart car gets 39-44. The Elantra rides better too! Great warranty. All things considered a truly great car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.