2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Leaky car
By Tim on 10/27/09 08:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has had a water leak since new and has been to the dealership 7 times for it. After going to a body shop, it was determined that the seam sealer was falling out all over the bottom of the car. Hyundai refuses to replace the now mold smelling, rusting in the trunk, car and closed my case knowing that I will loose too much money if I lemon Law and probably not pursue this.I will never buy another Hyundai and will discourage as many as possible, as I have never in 20 years of new cars seen such poor customer service , and shoddy practices by a manufacturer and a dealership. Buyer beware.

Best Car For The Buck
By jc1979us on 10/08/09 08:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Best bang for the buck in its class. Has more safety features than its competitors. Excellent gas mileage. First new car I've owned and worth every penny.

Love our elantra!
By dtiman on 10/05/09 11:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought our 2008 Elantra GLS sedan in early March 2009. I was a little disappointed with the high 20s MPG at first, but by the time the odometer reached 1000 miles, we were routinely getting 33mpg in 70/30 highway/city driving. 31-33 is what we routinely get in mixed driving recently. Overall, we really like this car. It has a good feel and is fun and easy to drive. We are closing in on 6,000 miles with no problems yet.

Repeat Elantra buyer
By leematthews on 09/11/09 10:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Have had my Elantra for a year and have had zero problems. Very smooth ride, good acceleration, nice interior and have gotten compliments in parking lots. My 2008 replaced my 2003 Elantra, which also had zero problems. I bumped into the buyer Sept. '09 and they have had zero problems with the 2003, and have gotten nothing but brake pads and oil changes at 75,000 miles.

GREAT DEAL
By Hyundai Lover on 09/06/09 02:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've been through alot with this car, it took its bumps and bruises. It stood STRONG! Aside from plastics on the cheaper side, you get so much for what you pay for. Plus, i got a STEAL on it, don't overlook the Elantra! BEAST CAR!

magnificent
By robert on 09/02/09 21:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My wife had a Toyota corolla with 110.000 miles and I told her, its time to get rid of this garbage, we had problem with the corolla since we bough it, battery death less than a year, window motor broken after 3 years, so 3/36.000 warranty is not good. I check for two month the new corolla, matrix, yaris, civic, sentra, versa, etc, etc and I decided elantra se full loaded. I did a good choice, I feel so good driving this car, wow, the seats feel better than my kia sedona, minivan. The instrument lights are beautiful. I know its not perfect, but with so many stupid expensive cars out there that just take our money, elantra is perfect choice. I'm very, very happy, I almost forget, has leather seat,

Sorry i'm late
By becker on 08/30/09 15:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Should have posted this back in April. This is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned.. Had over 50 of em... If you are thinking of a new car... Put this at the top of your list. Check the residual value ( surprising ).. Have owned the others, toy, niss, etc. Would recommend this car highly.

Best Choice
By jennydee on 08/17/09 22:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first car. Throughout my search I test drove many different cars such as the civic, corolla,etc. but found for the money, the elantra was def the way to go. Now having driven this car for a year I am completely happy with my decision. I am in college and do high mileage. Amazing on fuel, smooth ride, can be a little loud but def not that big of a concern. I am a tall person and this car fits me perfect. Very spacious. I would def recommend this car to anyone looking for a sedan with all the best qualities in one low price compared. Especially with the amazing warranties that Hyundai offers you would be absolutely crazy to go anywhere else.

Very nice car
By Very nice ccar on 07/22/09 19:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car from Hertz Car Sales for $9995+tax. We researched cars for several months prior to our purchase and were leaning towards the Elantra. When we saw this price, we went and drove the car. Wow! We were pleasantly surprised. It had under 25000 miles. So far we have had no problems. We love the handling, and at 70 mph on the freeway it hugs the road. Loaded with extras. It has a nice sporty feel. Consider this one if you are looking for a compact.

You Get What You Pay For...
By Honesty on 07/20/09 20:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Over all I enjoy my car. It's great on gas, smooth ride, great pick up,roomy, I get lots of compliments. I enjoy all the features,especially for the price. It's not a car that's good for driving up steep hills, especially in snow or icy weather conditions,it's just down right scary. I was surprised at how easily the interior gets scratched up as well as the outside paint job.I have scratches galore from other people's car doors, people walking by ect. Oh yes, apparently someone at the factory forgot to put a screw in my rear passenger window, it came loose. The dealership fixed it at no charge. Otherwise the car is ok & I'm still happy I bought it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan in WA is:

$132 per month*