Used 2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 194 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

I love this car!
By David

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

An incredible car, period. A real bargain for this kind of $'s. Excellent comfort in front seat, good in back for 2 adults. Interior has best ergonomics of any car. Reach for a cup holder, the wipers, cruise control, etc., everything is exactly where you expect. Reliability is awesome, 0 defects, 0 problems. Car is so quiet seems the engine is off, all you hear is the awesome radio. Engine runs beautifully, smooth as silk. Suspension smooths out the potholes great. Stable ride, acceleration, and steering. It's easy to get up to 80 MPH without noticing, the suspension/steering is so steady & the engine so smooth. My MPG is less than advertised; 24 MPG suburban mixed, 29-31 on open highway.

Driving home, pretty blue dash lights, everything works 100%. This car is one of those things that make you feel good about the world. Enjoy it!

Better MPG (maybe a 5 or 6 speed automatic would get there?)

Dependable car!
By Jonathan

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my car for the last two years now and I have been very pleased with the reliability of the car. The car presently sits @ 24k miles and the only complaints I can think of that come to mind are : For the year in which this car was built, I wish it did better then 27 mpg avg. The other issues are as follows : - Stains are easily visible from simple things such sweat or water spills or water from your coat jacket in which you might wear out in the rain and get into your car with. - CD Player always says LOADING when there is no disc in it and therefore I can't tell what station I am tuning into on the radio. - Trunk seems to come unlatched mysteriously often while parked.

Tire Pressure Indicator, blue interior lights, ABS, numerous airbags, and no pole antennas.

The mysterious trunk unlatching issue needs to be fixed, and the car needs to get better gas mileage, and make the interior more resistant to staining.

Love it
By Livlife

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Elantra for over 2 years now and still love it! I am a big guy who drives a lot for work, however I fit well into the Elantra. My kids call it "lightning" and I like the gas mileage. I did change the cheap tires quickly, and also put new brakes/rotors on at 55k. Other than that, I have had zero issues.

I really like the fuel economy and the stereo.

More padding in the seat.

We love this car.
By Matt

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I couldn't be happier with our car. You really can't find a better car without spending a lot more money. We get excellent fuel economy (mid 30's everyday, 40+ on back-road road trips), without a bulky hybrid battery and without compromising safety, comfort or performance. The FWD provides great traction; we had a brutal winter last year and only got stuck once, when we got high-centered in several feet of snow. The interior is well thought-out, with plenty of cubbyholes and cup/bottle holders - great for road trips. MP3 CD and aux input are nice features. We haven't babied this car, but with regular maintenance it still runs and drives like new. Haven't had a single problem yet.

Fuel economy, design, comfort, handling, interior layout, reliability, performance in mud/snow, MP3 CD player

Cheap OEM tires, unrefined engine noise, buzzing/rattling in interior

Don't spill your drinks!
By sls78

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I'm sure most of us have been there, accidents happen. So I had a drink of soda spill in my center console where you place your cups. This ended up being a very expensive accident, $1200 and some change. The liquid from my drink went through the cup holder and fried the main "nerve" of the electrical system according to the service department. So needless to say since I spilled the soda the bumper to bumper warranty didn't cover it. At this time I'm not going to have it fixed trading it in and Hyundai has lost a customer. Why would they put the electrical under the cup holders especially if the holder won't prevent liquid from damaging the wiring.

Fuel economy, smooth ride

move your electrical from under the cup holder