2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews 3

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
1 year 100,000 mile warranty
By GERALD PARRY on 07/20/10 15:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2008 Hyundai elantra a couple years ago. I thought the car was great at first and paid an extra couple grand for the 10 year warranty and even spent the extra for lo jack and sealant to protect my cars finish for 5 years. That right there doesn't say much for Hyundai interior or exterior if they are only giving a 5 year warranty. They would not cover suntan lotion eating through my paint because it was on my bumper. My transmission fluid turned brown after just 13k. That's normal they said. My battery has a dead cell after just 17k (26 months) this was not covered even though it is not a wear and rear item. Who ever heard of a 1 year warranty on a batter especially for a new car?

Unimpressive, uncomfortable, unkeepable
By Cindy on 07/05/10 12:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this Hyundai when gas prices were very high and reviews sounded good.Best mileage we got was 31 mpg for highway and around 27 mpg overall. The water leaks into trunk upon opening it after rain, the hood pops open by itself and the leg room in back is minimal and overall the seats are cheap and uncomfortable. I couldn't even sit in them after I had a back problem and had to use our 2000 Honda Accord instead. Trading this in for a 2007 Accord, which is a bigger car that gets the same mileage, has nicer upholstery and will get me somewhere without hurting my back and providing my back seat passengers with lots of leg room.

fabric of cloth seats are awlfull
By Danny McCuiston on 03/18/10 19:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We just bought the car, we like the dealership every one there was helpful,now for the only bad thing about the car that we've found is the fabric on the seats, if you drop one drop of clear clean water on the seats it looks like a big dirty stain. We took it back for them to get the spots out 80% came out and we are afraid to try anymore cleaning,we cover the seats and arm rest with towels and that is embarrassing. If you have children the seats would be ruined with in a week. I hope Hyundai will improve the inside quality,if they do I will probably buy another one next year from the same dealer. A newer one but for now we will just be ashamed of the seats.

Best car for the money
By Best car in catagory on 03/13/10 21:43 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car a week a go drove it about 1000 miles and it does not drive like a compact car it's more like a full size ride, getting around 37mph mixed city/hwy .Tested several cars and it beat the others out so we bought it.this 4cyl is quiet even at 80 mph and plenty fast enough on take off,car is roomy smooth ride what else could you ask for. Review,s are about right except for the ones selling other brands trying to ho do you.

Not so into this car
By zygereyez on 03/04/10 19:08 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for a year now. When I bought this car it had 50 miles on it. I don't really like it much though. To me it's noisy when I drive. The alignment screwed up a few months after owning it. The dealership gave me crap when I took it in for the warranty to get my car fixed. My door handle on the outside of the car sticks and makes the door stay open. It sucks in the snow. The beak system sucks. I lightly touch them in the snow. I don't feel safe with the breaking system. It takes me 3 times to get it in reverse cuz it sticks. There's a few more things wrong with it and it only has close to 28k miles on it.

Love it
By Kristen on 02/28/10 14:36 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

There are so many things about my Elantra that I love. Even after a year of owning it every time I get in it to drive I'm so excited about owning it. I've never been so happy with a car, but like some others have mentioned it handles very poorly in snowy conditions which is not good living in Wisconsin. I did a lot of research before I bought this car and never came across anything about that problem. Also as some have mentioned the trunk does tend to pop open without me realizing it. Other than that I do love it and would recommend it to anyone.

Gets the job done.
By Macnewbee on 02/25/10 18:40 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I don't think I would ever say to anyone, "Oh yeah, I love my car." Having said that the car itself, for what it is, is great. I paid 13,500 for it. I've driven it 32,000 miles since I bought it 9 months ago. I'd say 30K miles were spent on I-95 to and from work at 80 miles an hour. The car does what it needs to do everyday- starts and stops. There has been hesitation in the engine on more than one occasion. Something to expect out of a car with 100K on the engine, not a brand new car. I asked the maintenance people about this and they said that should be expected out of a Hyundai. The car came with features that would cost 30K on any other car. For the cost, the value is great.

Great Car!
By Jess on 01/30/10 23:38 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car last October, as my 2001 Ford Focus was nearing 120,000 miles. As a commuter student,I needed a new car that was reliable.. I researched a million other cars and finally fell in love with this one.

Outstanding Small Car
By Thomas on 12/26/09 03:27 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased for $12,000 used with 12,000 miles on it, and I love this car. Well worth every penny its quiet, stable, and solid. Handling is neutral and predictable, steering is effortless, and the brakes are very strong. I looked at a few of the "top" cars in this class before pulling the trigger on this car, and none could match it. The ride is good, interior comfortable and pleasing to the eye, and it handles better then expected. Good stereo, excellent ergonomics, classy looking exterior. Its an impressive small car in its class. I've shown it to friends and family and they all think "wow nice little car!" Especially from those who expect junk from Hyundai. This car is far from junk.

Nice car, but has flaws
By Ahabgjb on 12/23/09 17:13 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

When I bought this car, I found very few flaws in it to start out with. I enjoyed the great MPG that the car had, as well as the good design and comfort. However, as time went on, I soon found myself to be an enemy with one thing: the trunk. If you do make the decision to buy this car, NEVER open it on a rainy day, at the risk of waterlogging everything inside your trunk. The design of the trunk pushes all the water on top of the trunk straight down into your carpeted trunk, making it incredibly difficult to deal with. Not only that, but it frequently unlatches itself, making it a safety hazard if you leave valuables in your trunk. Overall I'd say good buy, just be weary of the risks.