2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
What an awesome machine!
By Patricia on 12/01/07 19:14 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really like this car. I have a 2005 Elantra and I am amazed at the differences. Both are excellent autos, but I really like the classy feel to my new 2008. She gets great gas mileage, good on the roads, and just overall a very comfortable car.

Amazing Buy
By Kyle Perea on 11/24/07 05:45 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I looked around at other cars such as the Toyota Corolla and the Honda Civic, but the Hyundai Elantra stood out to me because of it's low price and vast amount of standard features. We got the Popular package with the 08 Auto PZEV GLS and its everything anyone would need! Runs very smoothly, gas mileage is excellent, and it is very roomy. My parents can't believe how big the interior is! It has more rear seat room than our Subaru Outback! The trunk is also the largest in it's class and the rear seats fold with a trunk pass through. ABS is also standard! (The Focus and Corolla don't come with ABS standard!) Love the blue illumination at night, very hip. Great price and great buy!

I'm glad I bought it, good value.
By xo1rider on 11/18/07 19:18 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was convinced I was going to buy a Honda Civic but the Hyundai warranty and greater interior space hooked me. When I saw the standard features I could get for my money I was sold. My car has factory XM radio, alloy wheels, steering wheel controls for audio system and cruise. All of which I would have paid more for with the Honda. This is the first 4 cylinder car I've owned in years and the lowest price car I've had in a couple of decades. It fits the bill for me with the MPG and features. The bad news, it takes the corners worse than anything I've driven in years. For every day driving it's fine, good commuter but stay off the twisty roads!

i love it!
By Melissa on 11/02/07 15:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is so nice to drive! Just take one for a test drive and you will fall in love with it. I can make a 360 degree turn effortlessly and accelerate faster than my 2005 v6 sonata! My friends call it "a mini Lexis IS250". I have never felt more comfortable and safe. Truly a best buy, especially for the buck!

Great bang for the buck!
By xo1rider on 11/01/07 17:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was in need of a 4 banger with good gas mileage. I'd settled on the Honda Civic when I saw the ratings on the Hyundai, read the reviews and checked out the warranty. For what I paid and how it is equipped I saved several thousand dollars over the Civic. I love the fact that it comes with standard XM radio, the interior room is great and the back seat feels like a full sized Ford.

So far so great
By jason on 10/28/07 23:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First 200 miles: 34mpg mixed city+highway. As an 1998 Honda Civic owner, I was really impressed with Hyundai offers for the price. I wanted to buy another Honda, but I kept on seeing things that Hyundai was doing better at a lower price. Only BMW offered a better package+story in my opinion... but at a much higher price. -- I love the satel. radio. I don't want to leave my car now. -- I dealt with several dealers. Know your vehicle because the sales staff might not. "Trust and verify" -- The _relatively_ quiet ride and good acceleration is going to cause me to get a few speeding tickets. :-( correction: I said it was getting 34 - 35mpg. That was a mistake. That's the avg speed that the trip computer shows. It shows a mpg of 29.2.

what a ride
By ken on 10/25/07 15:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

all the car you need in todays crowded world. comfortable gas easy loaded features and safe.

Why would anyone buy a Honda??
By riley on 10/20/07 09:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Im proud of how far Hyundai has come in recent years. Remember how they used to be??..The Elantra is just great. This car is so solid and well built. Interior quality is good, not great. Im 17 and i sold my beloved Volkswagen Jetta(2000) for this. The Elantra is just as good as the civic and much cheaper. My only complaint is that the body integrity is not as solid as my Jetta's was.

Why pay more
By Dee on 10/17/07 07:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is really going to give Honda and Toyota a run for their money. after researching and test driving other cars we decided the Elantra had too many perks to even consider the other makes.We have driven 586 miles and mpg was 28.9 on the first tank of gas.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.