Used 2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 192 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Value over all others
By Dave

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just recently purchased the Elantra and the deciding factor was cost. I own a Civic and the Elantra is just as good, if not better. Plus it costs about $3k less. The car is really responsive and is great with gas mileage. I have been getting about 31 miles in mixed driving, mainly city. There are plenty of cup holders (Civic has just 2 - go figure that one out) and plenty of storage space. The trunk is very roomy. I do not think you can go wrong purchasing an Elantra.

Clutch is really easy to use, it is peppy, plenty of storage space and it even comes with an arm rest, unlike the Saturn Astra and Honda Fit. Standard ABS, 6 air bags, powerful a/c - the Civic is far behind the Elantra with their a/c.

Lumbar support on base models, ESC also, and I am nitpicking to find improvements.

Downsized, but still loving it
By Dooly

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Went from a large SUV to the Elantra based on a month of researching fuel- efficient vehicles. This one is living up to its hype. I'm saving $200 on gas monthly (was paying $100 a week with my SUV). I thought that downsizing to a car would be depressing actually (have been driving trucks/SUV's since 1995), but the Elantra is surprisingly great. It's loaded with features that you would pay extra for in other vehicles in the same class. Someone listed the front seat as needing lumbar support, but it feels fine to me. As far as room goes, I thought that would be a problem in this car. Man was I wrong! 5 people (plus baby seat) and all their luggage actually fit in the car. BUY THIS!

Cruise, pwr wind/doors, remote door lock/alarm (not included with Corolla), and the 172 Watt XM Radio with 6 speakers. As far as safety goes, I think 10 airbags speaks for itself.

Only problem I noticed is that the slow cars in the left lane don't move out of my way like they did in the SUV. I can live with that.

Uncomfortable
By Toni

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car based on all of the great reviews. It wasn't bad when we did the test drive. But we live 50 miles away, and by the time we got home our low backs were really hurting. Tried driving it a couple of more times, but it is uncomfortable in about 10 minutes. Then met someone else that commented on how uncomfortable the seats are. Now have it parked and trying to sell it. I hate this car!

Zippy little car.

Comfortable seats

5000 Miles
By hutch7

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is a 5K follow up review. So far this has been a very good car. Everyone in my family (all 4 drivers) loves to drive this vehicle. Tight handling, good gas mileage and outstanding ergonomics make the Elantra a joy to live with. Absolutely no problems so far. The first service was free from the dealership.

Quiet highway ride, interior ergonomics, blue instrument lighting, really good brakes and tight turning radius. Big on the inside but small on the outside, MPG's

Door panels are made of cheap hard plastic and scratch easily.

What are you waiting for?
By devils1977

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Finally went with the SE Elantra after test driving a Nissan Sentra and Mazda 3. The Sentra is ugly and looks like it was made out of legos and the Mazda 3 is not made for anyone over 5'9" (I am 6'0). The Hyundai was the best choice and I am VERY PLEASED. The car has good looks, the 2.0L rides smooth and has a great punch. The interior is nice looking and roomy. The free 3-month subscription to XM radio is also an added bonus and I can listen to the 80's hits station for the whole ride. I HIGHLY recommend this car, it is the best bang for the buck with the best warranty out there. Hyundai is definitely going places, Toyota and Honda should watch their backs!

16" Alloy wheels with SE trim, the front grille, excellent handling and XM radio.

None at this moment.