2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Sorry i'm late
By becker on 08/30/09 15:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Should have posted this back in April. This is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned.. Had over 50 of em... If you are thinking of a new car... Put this at the top of your list. Check the residual value ( surprising ).. Have owned the others, toy, niss, etc. Would recommend this car highly.

Great car for those on a budget
By Anthony on 01/07/09 12:18 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking for a car to drive back and forth to school going to college and all. I was really satisfied with the interior design of the Elantra, except for some of the cheap plastics. The car is a nice smooth ride, and is reliable, but it gets boring driving it after a while and it could use a little more power.

5 MONTHS 7000 MILES REALITY CHECK
By avtbud on 12/15/08 07:11 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is a follow-up of my 1st review. I still love my Elantra and still think it is unbeatable for the $$. Those of you who complain about it should definitely consider spending more money and buy in another segment...Since I put brand new winter tires on, I don't get more than 27 MPG. Got free XM for 3 months then 4.99 $/month special; told them would cancel after and got another 3 months at 4.99/month...Bought the trunk tray and find it essential. Just experienced the ESC taking over on icy road and it did a TERRIFIC job!

really nice for the money
By bostonb on 11/24/08 20:23 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Really Nice car for its price. Fuel economy in the city 23 mpg using it for pizza delivery around 100 miles a day. Suspension can be better. Also there is a little bit of cracking in the interior but can't complain since I got the car for only $14,200 (a lot of negotiating). This car is made for gas saving so don't expect any good acceleration for racing. A lot of room inside and trunk is huge. Looks a lot better with tinted Windows and make sure you get seat covers in they are not black. All my friends have been impressed. If I don't get any mechanical problems, I will recommend this car to everyone.

Great car for little money
By Matt on 10/24/08 12:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned this 08 Elantra SE for just a couple of days and have been loving it so far. This is not my first Hyundai, more like my 4th and they have all been excellent cars. The 2008 is no exception, great price, so many standard features, good performance, quiet ride and good handling.

Thrilled
By RB on 09/05/08 15:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car as an alternative to driving my gas guzzling full sized SUV. I was debating between this and the Honda Civic. I test drove both. There was no significant difference in performance or comfort. The lower price, better warranty, and cash rebate made the choice of the Elantra an easy decision. So far I'm thrilled with the car and my decision.

Awesome car at an amazing price!!
By Anthony T on 08/28/08 14:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this car because I will be commuting to college, and needed something more reliable than my 1998 Plymouth Neon. I got the SE model with the sportier wheels, fog lights, spoiler, etc. and I love it! It rides so nice and interior and exterior of this car are beautiful. I got the dark blue and I love it! I will have this car for the next 6 years of school!

What are you waiting for?
By devils1977 on 07/30/08 20:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Finally went with the SE Elantra after test driving a Nissan Sentra and Mazda 3. The Sentra is ugly and looks like it was made out of legos and the Mazda 3 is not made for anyone over 5'9" (I am 6'0). The Hyundai was the best choice and I am VERY PLEASED. The car has good looks, the 2.0L rides smooth and has a great punch. The interior is nice looking and roomy. The free 3-month subscription to XM radio is also an added bonus and I can listen to the 80's hits station for the whole ride. I HIGHLY recommend this car, it is the best bang for the buck with the best warranty out there. Hyundai is definitely going places, Toyota and Honda should watch their backs!

Great Car, Fun to Drive
By Aung on 07/16/08 23:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The car is very fun to drive. Handling is Great. Braking and cornering are very confident. The car always has good grip on the road. The engine gets noisy (rev) around 3500 rpm but I think it's kinda sporty. Fit and finish is excellent despite a few negligible low-quality material, IMO, better than Corolla and Civic. Blue ambient lighting is very cool. Controls are well placed and ergonomic. Seats and headrests are comfortable. Steering wheel audio controls are convenient though I keep using the dial on the center; it's a habit. Regetta Blue looks awesome. I heard it's a rare color. The ride is very smooth and comfortable. Those multi-link suspensions on front and rear really helps a lot.

Excellent car for its price
By Ketav on 07/11/08 06:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

It's just 2 days that I own this beautiful car. It's fun to drive this car. Easy handling. It's equipped with lot of small utilities, that we see in a high range car. It does make noise when going from mid to high rpm. Overall it's a good car and I am satisfied with it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.