Used 2008 Hyundai Elantra SE PZEV Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Sorry i'm late
By becker

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Should have posted this back in April. This is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned.. Had over 50 of em... If you are thinking of a new car... Put this at the top of your list. Check the residual value ( surprising ).. Have owned the others, toy, niss, etc. Would recommend this car highly.

Favorite Features

purchase price, safety features, resid. value

Suggested Improvements

5 speed trans

Great car for those on a budget
By Anthony

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking for a car to drive back and forth to school going to college and all. I was really satisfied with the interior design of the Elantra, except for some of the cheap plastics. The car is a nice smooth ride, and is reliable, but it gets boring driving it after a while and it could use a little more power.

Favorite Features

Interior blue lighting, trip computer, steering wheel audio controls.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the cheap plastic on the interior...give it a little more power, because the car can be sluggish at times.

5 MONTHS 7000 MILES REALITY CHECK
By avtbud

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is a follow-up of my 1st review. I still love my Elantra and still think it is unbeatable for the $$. Those of you who complain about it should definitely consider spending more money and buy in another segment...Since I put brand new winter tires on, I don't get more than 27 MPG. Got free XM for 3 months then 4.99 $/month special; told them would cancel after and got another 3 months at 4.99/month...Bought the trunk tray and find it essential. Just experienced the ESC taking over on icy road and it did a TERRIFIC job!

Favorite Features

Wheel mounted radio/cruise control. ESC. Roominess. Price and warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Windshield invisible defroster/defogger (like on the side mirrors). Optional remote starter. Daytime running lights.

really nice for the money
By bostonb

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Really Nice car for its price. Fuel economy in the city 23 mpg using it for pizza delivery around 100 miles a day. Suspension can be better. Also there is a little bit of cracking in the interior but can't complain since I got the car for only $14,200 (a lot of negotiating). This car is made for gas saving so don't expect any good acceleration for racing. A lot of room inside and trunk is huge. Looks a lot better with tinted Windows and make sure you get seat covers in they are not black. All my friends have been impressed. If I don't get any mechanical problems, I will recommend this car to everyone.

Favorite Features

nice interior design, really good fuel economy. driving style makes a lot of difference though. a lot of room. my black exterior looks nice. once i mistook a Lexus for my Elantra.

Suggested Improvements

Interior cranking can be improved. A big concern w/ new car but it became less with time. Suspension a little bit noisy. Light color seats get dirty too quick.

Great car for little money
By Matt

2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned this 08 Elantra SE for just a couple of days and have been loving it so far. This is not my first Hyundai, more like my 4th and they have all been excellent cars. The 2008 is no exception, great price, so many standard features, good performance, quiet ride and good handling.

Favorite Features

Pretty much everything about the car I like, Standard XM, steering wheel audio and cruise control, trip/mpg computer, comfortable ride, good bang for the buck

Suggested Improvements

A little more power out of the time tested 2.0l engine would not hurt, its peppy, but sometimes seems a little sluggish till it gets higher in the RPM band. DRL's. It's a simple safety feature that works, and is mandatory in Canada, so it would be easy to wire up for USA shipped cars. That's it!