2008 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
My Elantra is a great car
By billbond on 08/31/14 07:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 Hyundai Elantra brand new. I have never had a more dependable car. I have never had a tune up and I now have 145K miles on it and it runs great. Just got back from a 10 hour (each way) vacation trip and we had no issues.

Has been a great car, bought used with 35k miles
By ksh1981 on 05/17/14 13:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is a well-built machine. Solid, fun to drive, reliable, modest (well, very modest on gas), A/C and heat are great. I bought the car used from a dealership in 2011, with 35,000 miles. My jeep completely had died and I was desperate. But since then, (it is now May 2014).. no problems. None. I've driven long-distance, I commute to work Mon-Fri, and also worked weekends carrying people and 100s of pounds of equipment up to 2 hours away. In all weather, the car did great. This past winter, the battery finally went. 2 degrees F will do that to a battery! Took the car to Sears Auto..new battery...back to normal! If you think you are "settling" for a Hyundai...think again. Test drive one.

Outstanding Small Car
By Thomas on 12/26/09 03:27 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased for $12,000 used with 12,000 miles on it, and I love this car. Well worth every penny its quiet, stable, and solid. Handling is neutral and predictable, steering is effortless, and the brakes are very strong. I looked at a few of the "top" cars in this class before pulling the trigger on this car, and none could match it. The ride is good, interior comfortable and pleasing to the eye, and it handles better then expected. Good stereo, excellent ergonomics, classy looking exterior. Its an impressive small car in its class. I've shown it to friends and family and they all think "wow nice little car!" Especially from those who expect junk from Hyundai. This car is far from junk.

GREAT DEAL
By Hyundai Lover on 09/06/09 02:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've been through alot with this car, it took its bumps and bruises. It stood STRONG! Aside from plastics on the cheaper side, you get so much for what you pay for. Plus, i got a STEAL on it, don't overlook the Elantra! BEAST CAR!

I am just shocked
By Bridgeport Buddha on 10/07/08 17:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Truly amazing how much car you get for the dollar. Pzero, fuel economy, fun to drive and less of an economy feel than expected. Hyundai certainly has come a long way. Thank goodness the hybrids at the time were too in demand and their dealers were so high and mighty. We started to look most fuel efficient and then cost efficient and ended up at a Hyundai dealer. After checking consumer comments here, the price and the test drive, there was nothing left but to do the smart thing and buy. The sparkles in the paint help it look clean even when it's not - bonus for the lazy owner.

Walked away alive
By Changingtide on 10/03/08 13:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchase this car in June and have loved driving it for the past three months. We took a long 2,000.00 journey and the car performed great and was a pleasure to drive. Two weeks ago we were rear ended at a light by a SUV and forced in to a truck in front of us (bad enough to declare the car totaled). The car crushed by the impact but protected everyone in the car. I can't complain one bit about the way the car held up in the crash. We're on our way to get a new Elantra next week.

I love my Elantra
By Debby on 06/28/08 06:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned my Elantra since June of 2007. I love everything about it,I can't believe how few of them I see on the road. My gas mileage is is exactly what I was promised, I'm getting 28.9 in the city, which is all I ever drive. The interior (I went with the heated leather seats) is comfortable and everything is easy to reach with lots of storage compartments. The interior room for a car this size is amazing, especially the head room. The handling is great, the steering is very responsive and the ride is really smooth. I'm just an average driver, not a car expert but I know what I like and this car has got to be my best purchase. I paid $17,200 for this car, worth every penny. Love it!

Don't buy
By Richard on 06/20/08 13:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

First week of ownership 240 mi odo week stranded in 100 dregree heat as fuel pump went. Gas mileage citi/hw 20-24mpg - very poor and I drive conservatively. Fog lights and back-up lights provide no added vision - too small. Lot's of manufacturing defects, needs alignment, lights pointed down, steering column rubs and makes noise. Too bad as I would have bought 2 more and my neighbors also but not now after this disappointing experience. I recommend you buy Toyota or Honda - both of which I've owned w/o ever seeing the dealer in the warrant period - and the Toyota was the first year model (Tracel 1990) Now have 800 miles on vehicle and still not improvement in gas mileage.

Great buy!
By gld226 on 06/09/08 17:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car! Most bang for your buck!! I shopped around quite a bit before buying. I really had to think of my priorities, especially with a mortgage resetting in 2 year. Even without a "mortgage budget," I'd still pick either this car or the Sonata. I love the standard features. My bf was really pushing me towards Toyota or Honda until I showed him the price breakdowns including taxes, license, and interest expense. It adds up! Also, I was able to get the dealer financing promo of 1.9% for four years. I love the blue control lights!

Great First Car!!!
By SF on 05/23/08 05:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought his car yesterday and I am really excited about the purchase. I did a lot of research and after considering used and other makes, I settled on the Consumer Reports #1 small sedan. Car looks great (ie it looks expensive and is a big "small" sedan). Drives great and the power package is a great value. I'm graduating from college on Monday and this car looks young but not too young (like a Fit or Versa) so I'll be able to feel like a grown up in it :) Purchase price was 14,200+ TTL. I considered the college grad program ($13,500; 8.9% apr, 60 months, no money down, 45 days to first payment, etc.) but I got a lower apr through a bank. Shop around for best financing.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.