2007 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: airbags do not deploy

2007 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual w/XM Option)

airbags do not deploy
By used2love on

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I took my Hyundai in for service to fix my airbag warning light 5 times. After the fifth time, I complained that I don't feel safe driving my car, and I don't want my wife driving it, when the airbags don't work. They agreed, and offered us a rental while they looked deeper into the problem. Turns out, the standard wiring for the airbags under the driver seat is defective and had to be replaced entirely. BUT, the airbags do NOT work in most 2007 Elantras. Google "2007 Elantra Airbag" for real horror stories about the airbags not deploying in serious (and fatal) accidents!! Do Not Buy 2007 Hyundai Elantra before reviewing this necessary information. This is Your life.

Favorite Features

initially, I loved the car. Reliable, comfortable to drive, has pick-up in 5th gear even over 80 mph. Upset that the airbags deploying are considered optional to Hyundai

Suggested Improvements

Airbag Sensor works, but the airbags do not. Consider a Recall of this model to fix the airbags. My only solution now, I feel, is to sell my car. I don't feel safe driving it anymore knowing that the airbags do not deploy in serious accidents. Hyundai -Shame Shame.