2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Test Drive one before buying another car
By Todd on 08/06/08 14:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is an excellent little car! This car drives nicer than the corolla and civic and handles great. Very comfortable. The fuel economy is not as good as I had hoped. I get 25 around town a lot of stop and go. It is very fun to drive and has a great little sound system. I like the mp3 aux jack. Drive this car before you decide to pay more for another model.

Fuel Pump Problem
By Graham Johnson on 07/24/08 09:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I read where the 2008 Hyundai's are having a stalling problem due to faulty fuel pump design. I want to include the 2007 Hyundais in the mix. Our car was less than 60 days old when it died on the interstate and my wife was nearly creamed by a semi-truck. She now after reading about the fuel pump problems refuses to drive this car.

Excellent car with great mileage
By Jeeves on 07/06/08 11:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

It has been close to a year since i purchased this Elantra. This is an excellent family car and can easily accommodate 5 6+ footers. Excellent speakers, good fuel economy and trunk volume make it a worthwhile purchase.

Good Reliable Car
By hdriver on 06/26/08 14:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/XM (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

27000 miles in the first 11 mos of ownership with absolutely 0 major problems. 33 mpg with 70% hwy, 30% city. Love all of the standard features for the price. If you buy, plan on keeping it forever, they don't hold resale at all! Only complaints are interior fit and finish, this thing is a rattle box.Rattles have formed from everywhere; glove box, doors, overhead trim and gauge cluster all rattle or squeak. Could benefit from a 5 speed tranny,seems sluggish/bogged down unless you get on it. All in all though it would be hard to find a better car for the money. As long as reliability stays I will be a happy camper.

Great Car for the Money
By TxWmn71 on 06/24/08 11:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I thought I would be downgrading from my Santa Fe to the Elantra, but I love this car. With gas prices the way they are, I love averaging 30-32 mpg (mostly highway driving at 80mph). I even managed 42 mpg with a strong tailwind. Going from a V8 to V6 to a 4-cyl, I am impressed with its power. I could not have asked for a better price in a car that includes leather heated seats, 6 CD changer and MP3 jack. I hear the seats in the back are extremely comfortable and there is plenty of leg room. The trunk can handle a 40" diameter folding table. A less bumpy ride would be nice, but it is tolerable. It has been very reliable. I would not want to be doing my 24k miles a year in anything else.

Buh Bye Hundai........
By No Thanks on 06/12/08 22:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/XM (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car to replace a 2003 Elantra GT 5 door, which was a good car. It was a pretty good car until I was in an accident 10 months after purchasing it. I was hit head on and the drivers airbag did not deploy when it should have. At least the seat belt worked. I contacted Hyundai about the airbags not deploying. Hyundai didn't seem to care. Since the Elantra depreciated quite a bit in 10 months, I got a disappointing check from the insurance company after my car was totaled. I went out and bought a Mazda 3. which was my 2nd choice. Hyundai has standard airbags in their cars, but I guess the deployment of the airbags is optional. Thanks Hyundai, but no thanks...

Love This Car
By Roxanne on 06/07/08 07:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car back in September '07. I loved it then, and I love it now. Previously, I had a '99 Saturn SL1. I definitely discovered what I had been missing all those years. I love the way this car handles, how safe I feel in it, receiving multitudes of compliments from the interior design, the roominess, and more.

Made a fan out of me!
By Anthony Young on 06/05/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I went into the dealership to try the Nissan Versa and Sentra, Honda civic, Mazda 3 and Scion tc. At the end of the day I test drove the 2007 Hyundai elantra se which was the 3rd manual car I have ever driven in my life and I instantly fell in love. So easy to drive compared to the acura I learned on, I got it down in 5 minutes and had to have the car. It feels like a sports car. The interior is massive compared to everything else. So much room and comfort, definitely feels more expensive than it was. I've had it for a month now and drive about 30 miles a day and never want to get out of it. Only problem is that gas mileage over speeds of 55 mph is 32 so actual highway mpg (at 70 mph) is off

Best Economy Car Ever!
By techguy378 on 05/19/08 01:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2007 Hyundai Elantra to replace my 1997 Chevy Malibu LS car. My Elantra's engine actually has more power than the 3.1 liter V6 engine in the Chevy Malibu regardless if I'm doing city driving or highway driving. The 2007 Elantra has virtually no engine noise and absolutely no road or wind noise whatsoever even when traveling at highway speeds. The headrests on the front seats can be adjusted to provide neck support just like the 2008 Nissan Versa's chair height front seats do. The horn sounds like one from a large semi truck. The trunk space is massive. I haven't had the vehicle long enough to test reliability.

I love my hyundai car!
By mouse on 04/21/08 00:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my elantra for almost a year now. I want to advise anyone out there looking for a car to make sure to look at this one. The fuel economy is good, about 30 mpg but i do a lot of highway driving. The size is wonderful. I'm very tall and it was the only car I looked at that I didn't feel cramped in. The best thing about my car was the price. I spent about 3000 dollars less.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.