2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Elantra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Sort Reviews by

Excellent Ride
By Barb

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car has a 3.8 24valve overhead engine. We have kept the display for mileage on over a 3,000 mile period of time and have averaged 27.9 mi per gal. The space for hauling is amazing. We hauled two oak doors in it with the back seats folded down. It has lots of snap, very easy to handle, great to see out of and a very comfortable ride with great lumbar support. Love it.

Favorite Features

Comfortable luxurious feeling, dual temp controls and great back-seat space and ride. Passengers comment on how great the seats are.

Suggested Improvements

Some of the features are unusual and I find myself getting out the manual to read up on how to operate features

Test Drive one before buying another car
By Todd

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is an excellent little car! This car drives nicer than the corolla and civic and handles great. Very comfortable. The fuel economy is not as good as I had hoped. I get 25 around town a lot of stop and go. It is very fun to drive and has a great little sound system. I like the mp3 aux jack. Drive this car before you decide to pay more for another model.

Fuel Pump Problem
By Graham Johnson

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I read where the 2008 Hyundai's are having a stalling problem due to faulty fuel pump design. I want to include the 2007 Hyundais in the mix. Our car was less than 60 days old when it died on the interstate and my wife was nearly creamed by a semi-truck. She now after reading about the fuel pump problems refuses to drive this car.

Favorite Features

Air conditioning is cold

Excellent car with great mileage
By Jeeves

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

It has been close to a year since i purchased this Elantra. This is an excellent family car and can easily accommodate 5 6+ footers. Excellent speakers, good fuel economy and trunk volume make it a worthwhile purchase.

Favorite Features

Good mileage. I have tracked my car mileage since purchase and have averaged over 30 mpg to date. Gave me 27+ mpg even during last year's harsh winter. With some sensible driving i have been able to get 36 mpg of late.

Good Reliable Car
By hdriver

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/XM (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

27000 miles in the first 11 mos of ownership with absolutely 0 major problems. 33 mpg with 70% hwy, 30% city. Love all of the standard features for the price. If you buy, plan on keeping it forever, they don't hold resale at all! Only complaints are interior fit and finish, this thing is a rattle box.Rattles have formed from everywhere; glove box, doors, overhead trim and gauge cluster all rattle or squeak. Could benefit from a 5 speed tranny,seems sluggish/bogged down unless you get on it. All in all though it would be hard to find a better car for the money. As long as reliability stays I will be a happy camper.

Favorite Features

Interior design, looks up to date, gauges/lighting looks great. Stereo is great.

Suggested Improvements

updated drivetrain, this one is getting old!

Great Car for the Money
By TxWmn71

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I thought I would be downgrading from my Santa Fe to the Elantra, but I love this car. With gas prices the way they are, I love averaging 30-32 mpg (mostly highway driving at 80mph). I even managed 42 mpg with a strong tailwind. Going from a V8 to V6 to a 4-cyl, I am impressed with its power. I could not have asked for a better price in a car that includes leather heated seats, 6 CD changer and MP3 jack. I hear the seats in the back are extremely comfortable and there is plenty of leg room. The trunk can handle a 40" diameter folding table. A less bumpy ride would be nice, but it is tolerable. It has been very reliable. I would not want to be doing my 24k miles a year in anything else.

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats, gas mileage, trunk space, various storage compartments, blue interior lights, audio system and controls on steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders in back, bigger opening from trunk to back seat, locking glove box, better angle of rear window (it does not shed water well).

Buh Bye Hundai........
By No Thanks

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/XM (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car to replace a 2003 Elantra GT 5 door, which was a good car. It was a pretty good car until I was in an accident 10 months after purchasing it. I was hit head on and the drivers airbag did not deploy when it should have. At least the seat belt worked. I contacted Hyundai about the airbags not deploying. Hyundai didn't seem to care. Since the Elantra depreciated quite a bit in 10 months, I got a disappointing check from the insurance company after my car was totaled. I went out and bought a Mazda 3. which was my 2nd choice. Hyundai has standard airbags in their cars, but I guess the deployment of the airbags is optional. Thanks Hyundai, but no thanks...

Favorite Features

It was a pretty good car, good interior, spacious, upscale looking. Front of car was good looking, but it copied the Corolla too much.

Suggested Improvements

Glove box is too small, put a lock on the glove box. Use side hinges on the trunk closure mechanism, rather than having the old fashioned hinge bars, that crush contents of the trunk. The back of the Elantra needs work, it's too outdated and boring. Make sure the airbags work.

Love This Car
By Roxanne

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car back in September '07. I loved it then, and I love it now. Previously, I had a '99 Saturn SL1. I definitely discovered what I had been missing all those years. I love the way this car handles, how safe I feel in it, receiving multitudes of compliments from the interior design, the roominess, and more.

Favorite Features

Like everyone else, I love the blue interior lighting, the AC packs a lot of cooling power, quiet idling, wonderful gas mileage, smooth handling and transitioning, and all safety features.

Suggested Improvements

Considering I'm 5'3", the rear window is difficult to see out of ( I have since gotten creative in order to view better). Also, it's a good thing very little snow fell in CT this past winter. The tires were not made to drive through snow, even a minimal amt.

Made a fan out of me!
By Anthony Young

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I went into the dealership to try the Nissan Versa and Sentra, Honda civic, Mazda 3 and Scion tc. At the end of the day I test drove the 2007 Hyundai elantra se which was the 3rd manual car I have ever driven in my life and I instantly fell in love. So easy to drive compared to the acura I learned on, I got it down in 5 minutes and had to have the car. It feels like a sports car. The interior is massive compared to everything else. So much room and comfort, definitely feels more expensive than it was. I've had it for a month now and drive about 30 miles a day and never want to get out of it. Only problem is that gas mileage over speeds of 55 mph is 32 so actual highway mpg (at 70 mph) is off

Favorite Features

Blue illuminated interior at night is amazing, Double the MPG as my Jeep. Sporty looks, aux input for my ipod, tons of interior room and storage space. Huge trunk

Suggested Improvements

Needs MPG of a Yaris(over 40), but as big as this "compact" car is and the power it delivers I can't complain with never being below 30 MPG.

Best Economy Car Ever!
By techguy378

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2007 Hyundai Elantra to replace my 1997 Chevy Malibu LS car. My Elantra's engine actually has more power than the 3.1 liter V6 engine in the Chevy Malibu regardless if I'm doing city driving or highway driving. The 2007 Elantra has virtually no engine noise and absolutely no road or wind noise whatsoever even when traveling at highway speeds. The headrests on the front seats can be adjusted to provide neck support just like the 2008 Nissan Versa's chair height front seats do. The horn sounds like one from a large semi truck. The trunk space is massive. I haven't had the vehicle long enough to test reliability.

Favorite Features

Moonroof, Heated mirrors, Six speaker 172-watt audio system w/single CD player and XM Satellite radio, Loud horn, Massive trunk space, four wheel independent suspension.

Suggested Improvements

A locking glove box would be nice. Hopefully the car alarm will make anyone think twice about breaking into my car.