Used 2007 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Very dependable and fun car
By bill

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We have 49,000 carefree miles now. Only reg maint. 4 new tires at 42,000 miles wiper blades, just normal wear parts. Best mpg 40, average 35 mpg. No rattles or squeaks. Controls very easy to use. If in snow definitely need snow tires. Brakes still good. Good solid car for the money. Only minus is low resale which I think is unfair since I think it is just as good as Honda and Toyota.

Favorite Features

peppy and comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

none

Happy College student
By Happy Elantra owner

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this beauty after months of deliberation between the civic, corolla, honda fit and accent. For 12,000, I got it used with 19k mi on it. In general, this car is very reliable, love the blue lighting, interior space. Friends with the corolla and civic love to ride in this car as it is just Bigger from the inside. It rides very well. I have taken 1000 mi + road trips in this car and it has not given any problems. It has tackled rain, sun and snow like a beast. I would highly recommend this affordable, fuel-thrifty, comfortable hyundai to anyone. I am sold with Hyundai's dedication to making good cars, and am looking at buying the Genesis coupe as soon as I get out of Grad school.

Favorite Features

Blue lighting, reliability, comfort, ride comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Some people have said it looks fat from the sides, maybe make it a little lower and more 'sleek', would be great.

I love my Elantra!
By Dani

2007 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got my 2007 Hyundai Elantra a little over a month ago and I love it! It is a great car, fun to drive, comfy, GREAT sound system, more storage than I can fill and great on gas, I average 32-35 mpg city and got almost 40 when I drove a 300 mile trip a few weeks ago. I love the cruise control and it is a manual so it accelerates quickly. It has a lot of great features. I would recommend this car for everyone. I am a college student and this summer I am babysitting. This car fits two car seats in the back comfortably. I will also appreciate all the space when I am coming back and forth from school this fall. Great car at a great price!

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Keep making them!

Will never buy again
By amanda

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2007 it has already left me stranded twice. I have had the sensor that runs the whole car replaced twice within the first 12 months the car interior pint started to peel and bubble Hyundai also wanted to make me pay part of the tow when my car quit working on me in the middle of the highway.

Favorite Features

sound system and sun roof

Suggested Improvements

The chip that makes the whole car run the interior paint as well as exterior paint.

Fun to drive, pretty and good on gas
By KC

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My car is great. I had 2 door handles on the same side of car break in the first yr, but warranty cv'd it. Must have been a bad batch! This car sips gas, I get 30 mpg regularly. I've driven over 50,000 miles on it (20,000 on it when we bought it used in 2008) & enjoyed every minute of it. We used to rent cars to go visit family - no more. Ours is more comfy and has XM too! Paint does scratch faster, body has a few bumps (8 yo son=damage!) but it's really a great buy. The trunk is HUGE & that's why I purchased it. I carry lots of equipment for work. I can keep it in this car, AND go get a few groceries too! Really, it's an amazing trunk! Wish the carpet wasn't tan, but it cleans up pretty well.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are: Color (red), styling (cute-I still turn my head when I see another one on the road!), handling, sunroof, stereo sound, mp3 player, XM radio, GAS MILEAGE!

Suggested Improvements

Better plastic on doors (mine scratched when I shut door on a bulky item), better paint, I really like this vehicle! Buy one if you have been thinking about it.