2007 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
25,000 and climbing
By limee925 on 09/02/09 17:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS SULEV 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Have had the vehicle 2 years. Absolutely no problems with anything. Put gas in the car and drive with oil changes every 5000 miles. Not a creak, groan or rattle. Very happy with everything that I use the car for. Its comfortable with great gas mileage consistently in the low 30's with mixed driving. Best so far has been 39.8mpg on a 700 mile drive to Washington state. Would certainly recommend to anyone who wants a solid, dependable, reliable, comfortable car who has an aversion to dealers workshops!

beware
By tom on 06/13/09 23:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

have to replace bulbs all the time @ 20,067 miles NEW TRANSMISSION 4 days in the shop wipers replaced numerous times i'm 61 yrs old owned alot of new cars in my time this is by far the worst read all reviews and research all said best car in class even still they use these terms we all had to laugh at these comments by so called professional as we waited @ customer sevice wondering what would be next hey got me out of yard work and to you pro's have some integrality then i'll get the grass cut !!!!!

great small car!
By sts7049 on 03/11/09 08:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was skeptical about buying a Hyundai at first based on past reputation, but I'm definitely sold on them now. Great amount of features for the price you pay. The manual transmission makes it fairly sporty to drive, and I'm averaging a solid 30 mpg in mixed driving. Plenty of room on the inside, spacious trunk. Have only had one minor issue that was fixed quickly under warranty, other than that no problems whatsoever. My only other minor complaint is I wish the gearing was such that the rpm's on the freeway would come down a bit - at 70 mph it's at about 3000 rpm, which is a tad noisy. It's not bothersome though.

18,000 mile review
By Brian on 02/15/09 21:24 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is a follow up with my earlier post on my initial purchase. I have now logged 18,000 miles after 1 year and 2 months. I have not had any mechanical problems and I have not had any part on this car break on me. I am getting a solid 25-27 mpg in city and 33-36 mpg on the highway. I have installed various after market devices and still have not had any electrical problems. Although the car can use an extra 20-30 hp for passing, but still acceleration is adequate. Air conditioning gets the job done, even during 100 degree summer temps. After driving this car for over a year I would recommend this car for people that want a car that is good on gas, comfortable and great for a commuter.

Great car for the price
By willie on 01/04/09 18:34 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall the car is great! Excellent mileage, though a better engine and tranny could really get u going, great for commute/long distance. Plenty of leg space. For a $12k car, you can't go wrong! Forget about trading it in after 4 years!

A Piece Of Paper is More RELIABLE
By lemlonboy on 12/27/08 14:02 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan w/XM (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My used 2007 Hyundai Elantra is ok. It's a very practical car but I've had to replace my air conditioner 3 times in 2 weeks. My headlight froze and fell out in a -35 Celsius day in Alberta. And Hyundai says it's over abuse on the car! Plus I've only had this car for 3 weeks. It was a former rental from Avis. This car is bad except the looks and fuel economy. DO NOT BUY A HYUNDAI ELANTRA!!!!

My Hyundai rules!
By KC on 12/23/08 14:30 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We get 29-32 mpg even w a lead foot! I still see Elantras on the road & think what a pretty car-oh it's like mine! I still enjoy looking outside & seeing my shiny red car in the drive. The interior room is great compared to others in this class, although I agree that the plastic could use an upgrade on the door panels. The trunk is huge. It rides great, but we had to switch out tires as the original ones were death-traps on snow. But now it hauls through the slush and though it slides a bit, I haven't gone off the road yet (my friend in a Subaru Outback has 2xs this yr!) I highly recommend it to anyone thinking of buying it. It's a great car for the price-we got ours used-it was a rental.

Kory The Korean
By First-time Foreigner on 11/23/08 18:54 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

For the last year, I have been the excited owner of this remarkable economy car. Driving this vehicle is an absolute pleasure as it is very comfortable, quick, and excellent on gas. I have taken several road trips including a 3000-mile round trip to Arizona and have never been more comfortable in a vehicle, especially not one of this size. The dashboard layout is impeccable and the lights are beautiful. The engine noise is minimal and returns fantastic performance, even while climbing 6% mountain grades in northern AZ. With 48,000 miles, this car gives me great reason to expect several more years of reliability and and pleasurable driving.

Great First Car
By ksjones on 09/19/08 10:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased this car for our 15 year old daughter. Since she is a beginning driver, we wanted something that’s safe, easy to drive, with all the bells and whistles for under $20k. We’re impressed with the handling, gas mileage, interior features and space, and warranty. However, it is a bit noisy. Overall the Elantra is a great value for the money.

Excellent Ride
By Barb on 09/10/08 08:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car has a 3.8 24valve overhead engine. We have kept the display for mileage on over a 3,000 mile period of time and have averaged 27.9 mi per gal. The space for hauling is amazing. We hauled two oak doors in it with the back seats folded down. It has lots of snap, very easy to handle, great to see out of and a very comfortable ride with great lumbar support. Love it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.