Used 2007 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Elantra

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Awesome car!!
By ucinn

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this new in Dec. 2006. I now have 83000 care free miles on it. All that I've had done is routine maintenance, tires, and brakes. Most reliable car I've ever had. It handles like a dream, has plenty of pep. Get 30 MPG with mostly city driving and have had no problems in the snow. It has a very roomy trunk to go along with lots of legroom for front and rear passengers. I don't see how you can go wrong with this car.

Favorite Features

Interior, Steering, ride, design

Suggested Improvements

Wish I could turn off the automatic volume control on the radio.

4 Years Later and 63,000 Miles - Fantastic
By denverman

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car new in 2007 for only $14,900 out the door. The car has been excellent, no issues at all. I had the 60K service done, regular oil changes, one new set of tires, a new battery, and a couple of sets of wiper blades. Except for the battery going out, the car has never let me down. It looks great on the inside but the outside is a little boring. I would love to step up to the 2012 Genesis but I hate to have a car payment. My car is paid for and it works great. I've not had any issues driving in the snow. I'll probably have this car for another trouble free 4 years. I'm 6'3'' with plenty of headroom.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, very roomy on the inside, good size trunk, very economical. Heated outside mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

No suggested improvements for the class of car.

Love it for the most part.
By laura_s

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 2007 Elantra for a 1 year and 8 months now. I purchased it with 55,000 mi on it for $6,900, and I feel like I got a pretty dang good deal. There are a few issues that are quite annoying, but nothing that is huge. I would definitely recommend this car. It would be best if it has a good warranty, though.

Favorite Features

PROS: -Easy handling -Good looking -Nice looking interior (I also like the blue lighting) -Decent sound system -Smooth ride -Great gas mileage (30-40 mpg) [I got 28 with a roof rack with skis and a snowboard on it] -Easy to use features -Spacious

Suggested Improvements

CONS: -My speedometer is 7 mph fast. I've never gotten it fixed, I'm used to it now. -Issues with interior paint chipping/rubbing off..a lot. You'll read that in several reviews. -There is a bit of a wobble at high speeds. It gets better after I get my tires rotated/ balanced, but they begin to wobble again after about 3,000 miles. (This also causes my brakes to wear a little faster) -The back door handle was pulled completely off (by a 13 yr old). Not sure who's fault that is.

airbags do not deploy
By used2love

2007 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan w/XM (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I took my Hyundai in for service to fix my airbag warning light 5 times. After the fifth time, I complained that I don't feel safe driving my car, and I don't want my wife driving it, when the airbags don't work. They agreed, and offered us a rental while they looked deeper into the problem. Turns out, the standard wiring for the airbags under the driver seat is defective and had to be replaced entirely. BUT, the airbags do NOT work in most 2007 Elantras. Google "2007 Elantra Airbag" for real horror stories about the airbags not deploying in serious (and fatal) accidents!! Do Not Buy 2007 Hyundai Elantra before reviewing this necessary information. This is Your life.

Favorite Features

initially, I loved the car. Reliable, comfortable to drive, has pick-up in 5th gear even over 80 mph. Upset that the airbags deploying are considered optional to Hyundai

Suggested Improvements

Airbag Sensor works, but the airbags do not. Consider a Recall of this model to fix the airbags. My only solution now, I feel, is to sell my car. I don't feel safe driving it anymore knowing that the airbags do not deploy in serious accidents. Hyundai -Shame Shame.

Great little car with poor resale value
By tpayne

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car in January 2007, paying cash. Needed to get larger car and went to trade it in Nov. 2010. All the dealers including Hyundai won't give us more than 6,000. for the car. It was in excellent condition with 55,000 miles. We were unhappy with the value dropping $11,000 in 3 years. That is insane. We never had any trouble with the car and the features were great for the price. Whoever rates car resale values needs to rethink Hyundai models. Bottom line great car for the money, if you plan on keeping it till the wheels fall off.

Favorite Features

Loved the options and got about 35 miles to the gallon average between city and highway. We had a sunroof and it was a wonderful quiet added feature.

Suggested Improvements

Resale value and insurance values. High insurance costs and very poor resale value.