Used 2007 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

worse car i have ever bought
By ruddym

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got my 2007 Elantra 5 year's ago and it was new when I bought it. there is now miles on the car the car is falling apart. like the rack & pinion, the clock spring. i would never buy anothe hyundai elantra again!!!!!!!!!

its good on gas

Great Car no problems!!!!!
By hellblitz

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Car runs Great now going on its fifth year and doing nutting but basic maintenance. Never had a break down. The one defect to this car I would say is the Brakes. The work great and better then most cars I've driven but they are small which means that you have to change them every 10k to 15k miles depending on how hard you break.

The ride is probably the smoothest you could have in a car at that price range.

I would suggest larger brakes be put on the car.

It's ok...
By cmariol

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new. It was perfect for me then, but now i have a 2 year old. With a car seat in the back and a stroller in the trunk, i have no room for anything. It drives me crazy that i can't even fit a full load of groceries in it, let alone a single item bigger than one seat. Mostly because of this, i am currently looking for an suv. If you don't have kids, it's a good little car, but if you do, i would highly recommend looking for something bigger. Also, the check engine light has been on practically since i got it. I took it to auto zone and they stuck that thing in it that tells you why it's on. I can't remember what they said it was exactly, but he said it was no big deal...

...and not to waste my money getting it fixed. So i didn't, but how am i to know if anything serious needs to be fixed if the light is always on b/c of something so stupid? Also there is a little tube that takes the wiper fluid out to the windshield, that broke not 6 months after i bought it, and they insisted that something i did broke it so my warranty wouldn't cover it. I didn't run over or hit anything so i know it wasn't me. Also, everytime i get on the highway and hit 70mph, the car starts shaking and vibrating really bad. The air conditioning stopped working this year and i haven't had a chance to take it in yet to find out why. But all i know is the last car i had was 12 years.....

....old and i never had any of these problems. It was a honda accord, and if it didn't get totaled i would still have it. I miss that car so much... so maybe i'd recommend looking at one of those first. But besides from these minor problems, i haven't had any major ones. It's not a bad car, just not right for me anymore. It got me from ohio to florida and back 3 times, once with a small u-haul behind it and it was fine. towed that thing like a champ. It's a good looking car too, inside and out.

Awesome car!!
By ucinn

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this new in Dec. 2006. I now have 83000 care free miles on it. All that I've had done is routine maintenance, tires, and brakes. Most reliable car I've ever had. It handles like a dream, has plenty of pep. Get 30 MPG with mostly city driving and have had no problems in the snow. It has a very roomy trunk to go along with lots of legroom for front and rear passengers. I don't see how you can go wrong with this car.

Interior, Steering, ride, design

Wish I could turn off the automatic volume control on the radio.

4 Years Later and 63,000 Miles - Fantastic
By denverman

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car new in 2007 for only $14,900 out the door. The car has been excellent, no issues at all. I had the 60K service done, regular oil changes, one new set of tires, a new battery, and a couple of sets of wiper blades. Except for the battery going out, the car has never let me down. It looks great on the inside but the outside is a little boring. I would love to step up to the 2012 Genesis but I hate to have a car payment. My car is paid for and it works great. I've not had any issues driving in the snow. I'll probably have this car for another trouble free 4 years. I'm 6'3'' with plenty of headroom.

Great gas mileage, very roomy on the inside, good size trunk, very economical. Heated outside mirrors.

No suggested improvements for the class of car.

• SUV