2007 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Happy College student
By Happy Elantra owner on 09/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this beauty after months of deliberation between the civic, corolla, honda fit and accent. For 12,000, I got it used with 19k mi on it. In general, this car is very reliable, love the blue lighting, interior space. Friends with the corolla and civic love to ride in this car as it is just Bigger from the inside. It rides very well. I have taken 1000 mi + road trips in this car and it has not given any problems. It has tackled rain, sun and snow like a beast. I would highly recommend this affordable, fuel-thrifty, comfortable hyundai to anyone. I am sold with Hyundai's dedication to making good cars, and am looking at buying the Genesis coupe as soon as I get out of Grad school.

I love my Elantra!
By Dani on 07/15/10 13:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got my 2007 Hyundai Elantra a little over a month ago and I love it! It is a great car, fun to drive, comfy, GREAT sound system, more storage than I can fill and great on gas, I average 32-35 mpg city and got almost 40 when I drove a 300 mile trip a few weeks ago. I love the cruise control and it is a manual so it accelerates quickly. It has a lot of great features. I would recommend this car for everyone. I am a college student and this summer I am babysitting. This car fits two car seats in the back comfortably. I will also appreciate all the space when I am coming back and forth from school this fall. Great car at a great price!

Will never buy again
By amanda on 06/28/10 20:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2007 it has already left me stranded twice. I have had the sensor that runs the whole car replaced twice within the first 12 months the car interior pint started to peel and bubble Hyundai also wanted to make me pay part of the tow when my car quit working on me in the middle of the highway.

Fun to drive, pretty and good on gas
By KC on 05/13/10 18:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My car is great. I had 2 door handles on the same side of car break in the first yr, but warranty cv'd it. Must have been a bad batch! This car sips gas, I get 30 mpg regularly. I've driven over 50,000 miles on it (20,000 on it when we bought it used in 2008) & enjoyed every minute of it. We used to rent cars to go visit family - no more. Ours is more comfy and has XM too! Paint does scratch faster, body has a few bumps (8 yo son=damage!) but it's really a great buy. The trunk is HUGE & that's why I purchased it. I carry lots of equipment for work. I can keep it in this car, AND go get a few groceries too! Really, it's an amazing trunk! Wish the carpet wasn't tan, but it cleans up pretty well.

A Good Car
By rusl on 05/13/10 09:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for almost three years now and have got 51,000 miles on it. I average around 34 highway and 26 city. The only problems so far were the air conditioning vents breaking and the dealership replaced those immediately. Hyundai has been really good standing behind their warranty. The only real problem that I have is the car uses oil. It uses about 3/4 quart every 5000 miles.

Best little car
By Brian B. on 03/24/10 19:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had 4 hyundai's. Two were Accents and 2 were Elantra's. All were exceptional in quality and performance. My newest is a 2007 Elantra GLS. The fuel economy, performance, and vehicle quality are the best you will get for the money! This car we'll be around for years to come. You just can't beat it.

Great Car!
By Gman on 02/03/10 15:40 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I love my Elantra. When I was looking to buy a new car last year, I singled in on the Elantra because of it's rave reviews and all the comparisons people were making between it and similar vehicles (Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic) in terms of dependability and other perks. My previous vehicle was a Toyota Corolla (so far I like the Elantra just as much). During the first year of ownership I've not had any mechanical problems (knock on wood) and have had to do minimal maintenance on it. It's exactly what I wanted in a vehicle.

2007 Hyundai Elantra with Paint Problems
By frustatedhyundaiuser on 01/17/10 14:10 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

2007 Hyundai Elantra (fiery red color), 32k miles, “under warranty”, with sections of peeling clear coat and localized areas of fracturing paint, penetrating through the clear coat & top coat on the hood, roof, and trunk. Car was bought brand new in late 2007 (previous year’s model). Within one year, these issues began appearing, and have progressively gotten worse. Now, there are 50+ total spots throughout the car’s paint surface.

Great car!
By Lindsay on 01/02/10 09:32 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Overall I love my Elantra. When I was looking to buy a new car last year, I singled in on the Elantra because of it's rave reviews and all the comparisons people were making between it and similar vehicles (Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic) in terms of dependability and other perks. My previous vehicle was a Toyota Corolla (so far I like the Elantra just as much). During the first year of ownership I've not had any mechanical problems (knock on wood) and have had to do minimal maintenance on it. It's exactly what I wanted in a vehicle--it's dependable, low-maintenance, nice looking, has acceptable gas mileage, has good standard features, and wasn't outrageous in terms of pricetag.

Great car for the price
By Lonnie on 01/01/10 19:41 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a commuter mostly because of the gas mileage. I was fully expecting to have to make allowances for driving an "economy" car but have been completely surprised in all respects. People are going to laugh but I actually drive my Elantra on weekends now while my '07 Caddy CTS spends most of the time in the garage. Absolutely no problems with nearly 45000 miles on the clock. I added aftermarket tinting and put new, larger tires on it with some aftermarket wheels just for appearance sake but there's not much else I'd change about this car. All this for under 13000 out the door. Great job, Hyundai!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.