Used 2007 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Honda Civic Replacement
By EX-Civic Owner

2007 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After owning many new Hondas including the Civic, I found a replacement for the Civic in my Elantra SE. With a KN Air Filter and 100% synthetic motor oil, my mileage is consistently 35-36 MPG combined city/highway. This rivals the Civic's economy. The Elantra also has many more creature features than Civic for about $4,000 less.The ride is solid and very stable. The comfort is a little better than a Civic and the exterior is every bit a good looking as the Civic. If the reliability ratings continue into the future as they have in the past on Hyundai, then Honda better watch out as this car will eat its lunch. I was wondering when some car maker would catch up to the Civic and the Elantra has

Cost value versus Honda Civic EX

Can not think of anything that the Elantra needs to do to beat a Honda Civic.

Your answer to Honda and Toyota
By MODRIVER

2007 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan w/XM (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I did extensive comparison between Honda(Civic & Accord) and Toyota (Corolla). Did not include Camry because of bad cust reviews. It is a shame that Edmonds, Kelly, Consumer Reports give a so so look to Hyundai and go GA GA over Honda and Toyota. For cabin room, comfort, gas mileage, fun-to-drive, etc. you can't beat the Elantra. Plus the best price and warranty. I have had mine for 3 months and love it as does my wife. The Civic & Corolla were too small. The Accord seats are stiff while cabin room is almost the same, The Elantra has more front leg room which I like and is much more comfortable. Give this one a good look because it definitely beats the competition!

Comfort, cabin room, plenty of pep, quiet ride, great radio and great mileage both in town and on the highway. Plus it looks great and was thousands less than competition.

Daytime running lights.

A very good car
By Alex

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I spent a couple of weeks testing other cars like Toyota Corolla, Ford Focus, etc, and after driving the Elantra for sure it was the best decision. I've had it for over a month and I love it, the gas mileage is good (about 25 mpg city driving), you get ABS Breaks, power windows & locks, 6 air bargs, etc as the standard package. I think it's a very good choice for the money you pay.

Fun to drive, I like the sports outlook.

Auto-lock when you start driving

Can't say enough good things about car!
By clcotton32

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is so amazing. I first purchased an 06 Elantra which did not come standard with ABS. After doing some looking to purchase another 06 with ABS, I saw the 07 Elantra and immediately fell in love. It is larger and more comfy. However, I did really like the 06 but the 07 had all the features and the look I wanted. I can't say enough about the car. It is bigger than my previous 94 Sentra and sits higher off the ground. The 138 hp is great. The sound system is wonderful. Road noise is minimal. Some say the interior looks cheap but I don't think so for the price you pay. Great warranty. Once I bought this car I felt at peace with my decision.

Blue dash lights, radio, larger interior, higher off the ground, comfy seats, smooth ride, minimal road noise, new exterior, free road side assistance for 5 yrs., just everything. Can't say enough about the car.

Nothing

Best In It's Class
By David

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Traded in may 04 Elantra for the 07. The 04 wasn't bad, but the 07 is much improved. It handles better, especially on turns, and feels tighter. It now has all the features I wish the 04 had such as, keyless trunk opening, auxiliary stereo jack and XM radio. The controls are placed better and operate more intuitively. The 07 is quieter than the 04. I seriously compared all other cars in the same class and the Elantra is clearly the best price to feature selection.

The feel, the auxiliary jack, the XM radio and the price.

Larger glove box.