2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Ages quickly-lost top gear at 117,500 miles
By nwmn1 on 08/24/13 09:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was enamored with my 2007 Elantra when I purchased it certified used with 35,000 miles in 2009. I commute 5 hrs one way to work each week. The car's suspension ages quickly, and it seems I go through tires faster than on other vehicles? I accepted all of that until a mid-night commute in rural MN found the car bucking and losing top gear. I'm now unable to go more than 50mph without a new buck every 10-15 miles. Transmission rebuild isn't worth it for the dents and plastic undercarriage breakage from living on dirt roads. I had planned on driving this car into the ground miles-wise. I expected many more years to do so . . .

worse car i have ever bought
By ruddym on 08/29/12 06:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got my 2007 Elantra 5 year's ago and it was new when I bought it. there is now miles on the car the car is falling apart. like the rack & pinion, the clock spring. i would never buy anothe hyundai elantra again!!!!!!!!!

Great Car no problems!!!!!
By hellblitz on 06/10/11 19:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Car runs Great now going on its fifth year and doing nutting but basic maintenance. Never had a break down. The one defect to this car I would say is the Brakes. The work great and better then most cars I've driven but they are small which means that you have to change them every 10k to 15k miles depending on how hard you break.

It's ok...
By cmariol on 05/27/11 11:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new. It was perfect for me then, but now i have a 2 year old. With a car seat in the back and a stroller in the trunk, i have no room for anything. It drives me crazy that i can't even fit a full load of groceries in it, let alone a single item bigger than one seat. Mostly because of this, i am currently looking for an suv. If you don't have kids, it's a good little car, but if you do, i would highly recommend looking for something bigger. Also, the check engine light has been on practically since i got it. I took it to auto zone and they stuck that thing in it that tells you why it's on. I can't remember what they said it was exactly, but he said it was no big deal...

Awesome car!!
By ucinn on 05/25/11 20:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this new in Dec. 2006. I now have 83000 care free miles on it. All that I've had done is routine maintenance, tires, and brakes. Most reliable car I've ever had. It handles like a dream, has plenty of pep. Get 30 MPG with mostly city driving and have had no problems in the snow. It has a very roomy trunk to go along with lots of legroom for front and rear passengers. I don't see how you can go wrong with this car.

4 Years Later and 63,000 Miles - Fantastic
By denverman on 04/27/11 15:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car new in 2007 for only $14,900 out the door. The car has been excellent, no issues at all. I had the 60K service done, regular oil changes, one new set of tires, a new battery, and a couple of sets of wiper blades. Except for the battery going out, the car has never let me down. It looks great on the inside but the outside is a little boring. I would love to step up to the 2012 Genesis but I hate to have a car payment. My car is paid for and it works great. I've not had any issues driving in the snow. I'll probably have this car for another trouble free 4 years. I'm 6'3'' with plenty of headroom.

Love it for the most part.
By laura_s on 04/20/11 15:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 2007 Elantra for a 1 year and 8 months now. I purchased it with 55,000 mi on it for $6,900, and I feel like I got a pretty dang good deal. There are a few issues that are quite annoying, but nothing that is huge. I would definitely recommend this car. It would be best if it has a good warranty, though.

airbags do not deploy
By used2love on 03/15/11 16:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/XM (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I took my Hyundai in for service to fix my airbag warning light 5 times. After the fifth time, I complained that I don't feel safe driving my car, and I don't want my wife driving it, when the airbags don't work. They agreed, and offered us a rental while they looked deeper into the problem. Turns out, the standard wiring for the airbags under the driver seat is defective and had to be replaced entirely. BUT, the airbags do NOT work in most 2007 Elantras. Google "2007 Elantra Airbag" for real horror stories about the airbags not deploying in serious (and fatal) accidents!! Do Not Buy 2007 Hyundai Elantra before reviewing this necessary information. This is Your life.

Great little car with poor resale value
By tpayne on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car in January 2007, paying cash. Needed to get larger car and went to trade it in Nov. 2010. All the dealers including Hyundai won't give us more than 6,000. for the car. It was in excellent condition with 55,000 miles. We were unhappy with the value dropping $11,000 in 3 years. That is insane. We never had any trouble with the car and the features were great for the price. Whoever rates car resale values needs to rethink Hyundai models. Bottom line great car for the money, if you plan on keeping it till the wheels fall off.

Very dependable and fun car
By bill on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We have 49,000 carefree miles now. Only reg maint. 4 new tires at 42,000 miles wiper blades, just normal wear parts. Best mpg 40, average 35 mpg. No rattles or squeaks. Controls very easy to use. If in snow definitely need snow tires. Brakes still good. Good solid car for the money. Only minus is low resale which I think is unfair since I think it is just as good as Honda and Toyota.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.