Used 2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 147 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Great Commuter car
By Henry

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 42,000 miles on it. I bought it because I needed a car to commute back and forth to work, 90 miles one way. I've done the normal maintenance on it. As soon as I drove it off the lot, I changed the oil, using Castrol 5/20 full synthetic. Drove about 7500 miles in between oil changes. I noticed at around 220,000 miles that it was burning the oil really fast, so I switched to Castrol synthetic blend. Now I change it every 5,000 miles, which for me is about every 5 weeks. Transmission is a 5-speed manual, original. Only thing I had to do was replace the clutch, and changed the fluid at about 300,000 miles. The Hyundai dealership told me that you never have to change the trans fluid. My mechanic figured out a way to do it and shifted a lot better. 2 timing belt kits goin on 3, replaced the motor mounts, clean the throttle body regularly, Its on its 3rd set of spark plugs and wiring. I had the alternator rebuilt at 180,000. I will drive this car until it won't go anymore. Hoping to make it to at least 500,000 miles.

2007 Limited with manual
By Owner

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car used, top of the line.. very rare breed. Car has been so dependable I can't complain. 5-speed is peppy, shifter is a litlte noise going through gears, not to bad, nice clutch though. Pros: Peppy, big inside, good handling, nice layout with cubbies galore, good gas mileage (avg 30), quiet, lots of conv. options like sunvisors pullouts, bag holder on tunnel. Blue dash lights. Reliable. Cons: Seats don't have thigh/sculpting support, engine a little noise at higher RPM's, shifter not quiet Honda/Ford standard. Not as sporty as those said makes either. Overall, it's treated me well, and have been good with upkeep.

2007 Hyundai Elantra
By scott.stevens40@yahoo.com

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE SULEV 4dr Sedan w/XM (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2007 Hyundai Elantra my car before that was a 1995 Isuzu Rodeo, so getting a bit old. The Hyundai so far in 2 months has been very reliable, great fuel economy as well. The tech is a little behind the current times, but it was made in 2007 so I wont be so critical on that aspect.

Very dependable car even at 198k miles
By Tyler

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I personally own a 2007 Elantra that is approaching 90k miles and I have never had any issues with it. My cousin owns one that is the same year and he has 198k miles on his. He beats the crap out of his cars and does absolutely no preventative maintenance, and he does not consistently change his oil. The only things he has ever replaced is the emergency breaks and the breaks and rotors. Overall a great car for the price.

Purchased new 2007 Never a problem
By happy elantra owner

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new in 2007, had no mechanical issues. Great service from Fitzgerald Hyundai. Excellent ride quality. Received excellent trade in value for vehicle as it had low miles and was very clean. I bought expecting a very reliable car, and that is what I had for 8 years. Traded it in and got over $1500 above average price for true value trade in. All city dtiving.