Not a Good Car
By 06elantraowner on
2006 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
I currently own an 06 Elantra, after owning an 02 Elantra, I am seriously disappointed. The gas mileage has gotten horrid. I don't even get 18 miles to the gallon anymore, and it has been to every required maintenance and then more. I have taken good care of it, but the reliability of the parts is terrible, and again it has become a horrific gas guzzler. I am at a loss, as is Hyundai, to why it can't get anything over 18 mpg. It is poorly built, the interior has begun to fall apart, switches and knobs have broken, and the cloth seats are coming apart. This car has been used as an in city car only, but is still just falling apart, and costing me an arm and a leg to continue to drive.
Favorite Features
I have no favorite features.
Suggested Improvements
First, go back to the 1.8 Litre engine of the previous, and now 2012 models. Dump this awful 2.0L engine. The sluggishness of the transmission needs attention. The thin metal used for body work needs to be thicker to prevent a ton of dings and nicks. The paint is not a good quality. Make the interior more modern, get rid of the dated fabric on the seats, add more electronics, like sat nav etc... Just stop using poor quality parts and piss poor construction. This is just a bad car over all, whatever they did in the 02 they stopped doing and should go back to, it was better built, and ran much better. I will be getting rid of this car first chance I get.